moving hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goonerwin

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
my bees seen to like hanging on the outside of the hive overnight, even though there is plenty of room inside. planning to move the hive next week , any suggestions on how to get the bees back inside the hive would be welcome, and would if be ok to block the entrance of the hive overnight and move it mid-morning the next day.

im a new beekeeper so dont quote me -im wondering why their not goin in especially at nite? is your queen o.k?

my bees seen to like hanging on the outside of the hive overnight, even though there is plenty of room inside. planning to move the hive next week , any suggestions on how to get the bees back inside the hive would be welcome, and would if be ok to block the entrance of the hive overnight and move it mid-morning the next day.

Just hanging out on a nice summers night probably
If you want to move then you should close up late the evening before (when they've all moved back in to the hive.) if you have OMF floors no problems moving them any distance the day after but if they're going to be moved any distance you should think of putting on a mesh crownboard or similar.

Hi your last sentence sums it up exactly -happy bee keeping

Latest posts

Back