Moving a hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorrick

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello All
Just a question, is it more viable to move a hive over this cold spell !! (should be cold anyway) than when it gets warmer. It is just next year I hope to build a garage where one of my hives are, and I only need to move the hive about 5 feet but with the old rule of 3 feet or 3 miles ?
Regards
Richard

Hello All
Just a question, is it more viable to move a hive over this cold spell !! (should be cold anyway) than when it gets warmer. It is just next year I hope to build a garage where one of my hives are, and I only need to move the hive about 5 feet but with the old rule of 3 feet or 3 miles ?
Regards
Richard

Try this thread Richard

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27668

Thanks jenkinsbrynmair for the heads up, I will have to see if there looks like a few constant days of cold, as over here in Suffolk it is wet and not to cold.

Regards
Richard

Hello All
Regards
Richard

Hooper says hives may be moved about within an aviary after a week of frost when no flying has occurred without much fear of flyers getting lost when flying starts. This supports comments by others in the forum. :)

Hooper says hives may be moved about within an aviary after a week of frost when no flying has occurred without much fear of flyers getting lost when flying starts. This supports comments by others in the forum. :)

No room for the birds if you put all your hives in there.:smilielol5:

Latest posts

Back