MAQS from?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alldigging

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just having a look around at buying a bucket of MAQS

Aint it a faff working out how much the postage will be? Oh course the places that offer free deliver on orders over £100 are just a bit tempting for me to add one or two more things to the order...

MAQS with July expiry date cheap at big T at the moment - £40 per bucket.

And I think thrnes is free delivery on £50 on line
E

Is there anywhere apart from Thornes that sell the strips less than a bucket at a time, I only have one hive I wish / need to treat.....

If you're a member of an association, could you circulate the membership and see if anyone else is interested in MAQS? - you could split the order between you....

I did find somewhere that did two strip sales, but the MAQS were defective - opened them up and rather than being two strips they were all mashed up together.

We can say "Thornes", "Paynes", "Maisemore" etc now.

We did have a problem with one company advertising a while back so had to do a blanket ban on all retailers.

Things seem to of calmed down so I have removed all filters.

Admin.

Is there anywhere apart from Thornes that sell the strips less than a bucket at a time, I only have one hive I wish / need to treat.....
At introduction last year, the only size widely available was the 10 hive/20 strip pack. This year all the major suppliers seem to have "2 dose" packs. Listings are a bit confusing, termed in strips/hives/doses but a 2 dose pack for 2 hives priced around one quarter of the 10 hive pack seems the sort of ratio you might expect.

And I think thrnes is free delivery on £50 on line
E
Their website says orders of £100 including VAT online include delivery. By post or phone it's £200. At least one other major supplier uses a £200 order by any means as the chargeable delivery limit.

Last year, when only the big buckets were available, most of the actual "bee shops" were prepared to sell individual treatments to buyers in person.
At last year's Yalding auction (and fete) there were two separate stalls selling MAQS treatments singly.
With the two-treatment packs now available, I've no idea whether the practice will be continued. But worth asking your local man (or woman or association) though.

I've just bought a bucket of MAQS from Thornes with a short date ( July 2014), I won't be using all of them, so I'd be happy to sell on a few single treatments at cost + p&p.

Latest posts

Back