Manley Frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Do you need spacers on Manley frames and if so what size please, I have never used them before I want to do cut comb.
Thanks in advance

Manleys are self spacing, but unlike hoffmans they make contact all the way up the frame (so you don't tend to take them out for a quick look).
Ten Manleys fill a national super (rails not catellations!)
But you can throw some in amongst hoffman-spaced shallows ... (best bet, starting this late).

For cut comb, get some thin, unwired foundation.

Good luck!

Do you need spacers on Manley frames and if so what size please, I have never used them before I want to do cut comb.
Thanks in advance

Hi trying the same but must admit the bees are really not interested in the manley frames. Maybe still filing up the brood boxes as there are some beautiful frames full of honey down there!

I have used Manleys in castellations, because most of my supers ARE castellated.

In fact, I took some wood off a super today because when I made it up (one of my first) the frames sat too high.

As I have no woodwork experience or proper workshop, it was crude, but oretty straight and allowed the castellation to be reset at the correct height. First time I've ever used a chisel.

Back