lip balm tube labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDWOOD

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I'm trying to find lip balm tube blank labels with a tamper evident tag on them, there seems to be plenty in the US but none in the UK. Any ideas ?

did your find it easy to get your lip balm formula tested and licenced, as I have found it tiresome jumping thru hoops to get information

i don't jump through hoops, to be perfectly honest with you i didn't know they have to be tested ? nothing in mine will cause Algiers even if you eat it

nor did I, until I approached a farmers market and was told by one of the stallholders someone got pulled up by the market inspector, to see his cosmetic licence for each product and his public liability insurance cert , since then I have been looking on the internet before I went any further.

I have a chap stick made by a reputable company and there is none of the legislation on it that goes with the cosmetic laws so perhaps lip balms are exempt.

Lip balms are not exempt folks and if you get a complaint about allergy or damage the cost of the suit could take your house off you. Get it done please

These guys should be able to help out with it all.

http://www.gcstm.co.uk/

Guild of craft soap and toiletries association.

Has resources, links to chemists to do tests, can organise insurance and other stuff.

Lip balms are not exempt folks and if you get a complaint about allergy or damage the cost of the suit could take your house off you. Get it done please

:hairpull: make sure that the wax you use does NOT contain a trace of oxalic acid... thymol... dieldrin....:hairpull:

Every batch of ALL the products used in cosmetics has to be tested.
Yardley etc have labs set up to ensure compliance of their products... that is one of the reasons why they are so expensive!

But for "Home Use"... go ahead.. things change as soon as you sell it it seems.

Yeghes da

I've been looking but gave up, just thinking of standard address labels with heat shrink over to look good and stop people opening the lids.

I emailed online labels as their US site sells them but they are reluctant to put them on the UK site, postage from the US was £79. Where do you get the shrink wrap sleeves from ?

I emailed online labels as their US site sells them but they are reluctant to put them on the UK site, postage from the US was £79. Where do you get the shrink wrap sleeves from ?

look on eBay, they are not on there all the time so will have to sit and wait, look for small shrink bags long and thin, cut to length slip over tube and heat, when you see some buy a few to check then buy in bulk.

I've been looking but gave up, just thinking of standard address labels with heat shrink over to look good and stop people opening the lids.

look on eBay, they are not on there all the time so will have to sit and wait, look for small shrink bags long and thin, cut to length slip over tube and heat, when you see some buy a few to check then buy in bulk.

Do you remember putting plastic crisp packets in the oven to shrink? Cant you place some clear plastic over the tube then use a hairdryer or hot air stripper to shrink it?

Latest posts

Back