LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are still working it but not as prolific as two years ago! Not complaining! Moving ng house next week so will have to take the supers off to move the bees and give them it back to ripen off in their new home! If they get there in one piece!
E

Lime finished here after two weeks ago after 29C day..

(which effectively means three days on it when it was not 15C and raining)

IMG_1294.jpg
Lime trees aren't out near us in Oxfordshire but the bees were all over them in Regents Park this afternoon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's encouraging... although this week due to be a bit cooler which might inhibit nectar however we are due some rain early week before warming up nicely for end of the week/weekend so you never know.

Luckily I have a couple near me at my new house, flowers all ready to open, but not there yet.
E

Reading this thread made me have wonder around the Limes near one of our site today , tight green buds at the moment....
Hopefully a couple of weeks away , because I'm not ready yet :spy::spy::spy:
New queens only just getting going and I'll need to do some uniting...
Cooler weather this week , might give us time to get ready for a really heavy flow !!!!!!not worthy

Last edited:
Reading this thread made me have wonder around the Limes near one of our site today , tight green buds at the moment....
Hopefully a couple of weeks away , because I'm not ready yet :spy::spy::spy:
New queens only just getting going and I'll need to do some uniting...
Cooler weather this week , might give us time to get ready for a really heavy flow !!!!!!not worthy

Problem is limes are quite fickle... I've only had one flow in the last 5 years.

Yes , weather & temperature , That's down to mother nature..

Now for the tricky bit..
Over the last few years ,we've tried to unite colonies a few days before to exploit any good nectar flow...

Fingers crossed...

Last edited:
At least another week - maybe two - until flowers open here..

Flowers just opening here and good weather on the way - hopefully some flow with result as it been very dry for weeks

I thought there was the start of a lime flow here in London judging by my hives so I came to see what others are saying. Privet hedge is flowering too and lime tends to flower around the same time. Happy days.

Don't know about you guys but I'm thinking my yields are down this year, no full on flow this year as yet.

Same here in S Worcestershire. Bramble + clover flowering everywhere but frames only showing a modest amount of fresh nectar. Plenty of rain in last 7-10 days too. Lime buds due to open in next couple of days with more bramble opening all the time so hopefully main flow will kick in with higher temperatures this weekend.

Been very dry here, no water little nectar I find. Still waiting on the limes in the area, hoping to get something.
E

Don't know about you guys but I'm thinking my yields are down this year, no full on flow this year as yet.

Last year we had one hot day 4th June and then it rained for a month.. Summer was a disaster.No hive gained weight from that date - unless fed.
I expect a minimum of treble last year's honey crop - just due to a "normal" summer..

Back