LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leeds has been bone dry since March. I'm holding out very little hope for the lime and for the blackberry.

No rain here for about two months. Concerned that we have a repeat of last year with lime in flower but no moisture so very little nectar. Five years ago conditions were perfect so my bees loaded every crevice with nectar while I was on holiday in Naples. Still my best ever year - not since!

Some rain forecast here Sat-Tues. I suspect the lime is another week or two away from opening but the humidity next week looks hopeful if it's early.

Not humid at the minute
Humid today at market in North East London and as the market is bounded by mature limes I was able to point out the flowers to customers. Cloud cover has increased and I'm putting more boxes on local colonies.

Humid today at market in North East London and as the market is bounded by mature limes I was able to point out the flowers to customers. Cloud cover has increased and I'm putting more boxes on local colonies.
Just wandered over to Ealing Common as it‘s a warm and humid morning, the hives are all busy and there’s loads of lime trees there. Bees not foraging on the trees I looked at though.

I noticed flowers on the twelve Limes just down the road, lower flowers not quite out but higher up and they are in full flower.
Dinah Sweet once pointed them out to me and called me a silly boy for moving the hives I had in the garden but in all the years they were there we had just one harvest of Lime honey. Bees were on them this morning.

Last edited:
lime trees in Shirley, Solihull not open, buds still tight, does not appear that the high parts of the tree have open flowers either.

Dinah Sweet once pointed them out to me and called me a silly boy for moving the hives I had in he garden but in all the years they were there we had just one harvest of Lime honey. Bees were on them this morning.
When her and John lived in Bagshot there’s a large line of them running down the A30 backing on to Penny Hill Park very close to their house, there’s also a good number in the area and at Bagshot park just up the road. They did well off them!!

Latest posts

Back