Layens in Suffolk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Fletcher

New Bee
Reaction score
Is there anyone using De Layens hives in Suffolk (UK) or north Essex that would be willing for me to come and have a look please?

Thank you.

It's a strange format in the UK, plan your holidays for the Cote d'Azur, Pyrenees or in the Spanish Mediterranean. I suppose you can contact beekeepers who will be happy to receive a visit and show you the advantages and disadvantages of this format.

Hi Adam - I’m in the west of Ireland so nearly as far to go as France or Spain but there are definitely beekeepers in the UK with Layens hives. I‘d try some of the facebook groups - there’s a Layens group and a treatment free Layens group. Great system over all - definitely recommend it.

I have just installed bees in 2 Layen hives that were gifted to me, I'm in the north half of Essex, what help do you need?
Hi Ed, I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I start keeping bees next year, I like the idea of the layens hives but would like to have a look at some before I jump in.

Adam

Hi Ed, I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I start keeping bees next year, I like the idea of the layens hives but would like to have a look at some before I jump in.

Adam
Hi Adam, where about are you? I don't have any problem showing you my Layens, maybe we can set something up.

I have just installed bees in 2 Layen hives that were gifted to me, I'm in the north half of Essex, what help do you need?
Why don't we have a discussion on this forum about the Layens hives and their advantages and disadvantages.
I'm sure a lot of Forum members, like I am, would be interested to understand a little more about them. Perhaps start a new thread in the 'Beekeeping' section.

Malcolm B.

Why don't we have a discussion on this forum about the Layens hives and their advantages and disadvantages.
I'm sure a lot of Forum members, like I am, would be interested to understand a little more about them. Perhaps start a new thread in the 'Beekeeping' section.

Malcolm B.
feel free to start one and see how it goes....

Back