landowner/beekeeper agreement ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prana vallabha

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 national hives , 1 nuc
hi ,,,, i have been asked to put 2 hives on someones land and i would like to know if there is any template out there or do you just come to some agreement between each other ... All input is welcome as this side of beekeeping is new to me .....Many thanks in advance

being a woodland owner, if I was allowing someone, it would probably be a gentleman's agreement or at the very most, quickly penned onto a bit of A4
along the lines of

I hereby give (full name) permission to enter my land (land title)
for any works involving bees/bee hives,

names and address of both parties along with phone numbers

most farmers are happy to have bees on there land a few jars of honey now and again is usually all that is needed

3 out apiaries and no one has ever asked for a written agreement. They are happy with a batch of honey at harvest then the odd jar through the year as required. One asked me to produce wedding favours this was all done word of mouth FOC.

Colin

hi ,,,, i have been asked to put 2 hives on someones land and i would like to know if there is any template out there or do you just come to some agreement between each other ... All input is welcome as this side of beekeeping is new to me .....Many thanks in advance

I have 4 out-apiaries and only one on a military base has insisted on a written agreement. The RAMS is 10 pages long and had to be signed off, although I doubt literally by the secretary of state. If it wasn't such a good site I would have left a long time ago.

I would try and avoid if possible and keep it simple, if there are any problems just be prepared to move them.
S

Just to echo what has been said previously, both my apiaries are on two different farmers' land. Nothing in writing, but both were actually very happy for the bees to be there. Potentially very beneficial for them I guess.

I was told the traditional rent was 1 jar of honey per hive per year.

Last edited:
most farmers are happy to have bees on there land a few jars of honey now and again is usually all that is needed

:iagree:
Thank heavens that there are still people around where your word is guarantee enough. I have never been asked, or asked anyone else, to sign an agreement. I always feel that its a bit like a pre-nuptual agreement. If you are seeking to protect yourself going into an arrangement, you can't be that committed to seeing it through.
Maybe thats just me though. I take people at their word.

I can't open it, is it just me?

I'm having to sign an agreement for the solar farm site but that's more because I will be obtaining keys to the securely fenced area. Think its more to say that I won't let some baddies in to remove all the solar panels than anything to do with the bees.

I don't have any bees on somebody else's land any more but when I did it was with a simple handshake.
I see OP hasn't revisited this thread though :(

many thanks to all who has contributed and a simple handshake was all that was needed ,so once again many thanks .....

Latest posts

Back