Label gun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I am needing a label gun that can cope with BBF and Batch #

I tried one before that was an unmitigated waste of money.

Suggestions of tried and successful units please?

PH

If that's the one you suggested before it was a disaster. I couldn't get it to line up and nor could anyone else. Junked it.

PH

Local corner shop might even pick up an old one for the price of a pkt biccy's

If that's the one you suggested before it was a disaster. I couldn't get it to line up and nor could anyone else. Junked it.

PH
user error obviously - mine is still going strong - you can get the numbers to line up by slackening the screw on the baseplate and moving it one way or 'tother.

user error obviously - mine is still going strong - you can get the numbers to line up by slackening the screw on the baseplate and moving it one way or 'tother.
well ... that's an Oh-SH1t then !

I have had a few successes over the years picking up bargains where people had either not understood how it worked or hadn't bothered to read the instructions properly ...

Although ... both me and 'er indoors nearly got caught out when we got a new tumble drier a few months ago .. it has a touch screen panel to make it work and no matter what we pressed the symbols on the touch screen would not change .... I was stomping around muttering about sending the bloody thing back when Son No. 2 arrived and peeled off the protective film from the touch screen that had the blasted symbols printed on it ...

RTFM ....

I use one for best before date.
it has 2 lines of 10 digits, top-line letters bottom line numbers and symbols.
Tiger PGL-AL20.
The labels that come with it are peelable so permanent adhesive labels are required.
Simple to use and reload once you know how. If it doesn't line up you loaded the labels wrong.

If you use a 6 digit BB date there is no need for a batch/lot number.

I use a Sato Judo two line hand held labelling gun which I got from First 4 Labels.

and so your labels will be more 'permanent' with the phrase: For best before date, see base of jar.
Yes, BB date signposted to base of jar.
If it's batch numbers only then you can buy pre printed batch number labels and use a cheaper single line pricing gun.

Latest posts

Back