Kashmir balsam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greggorio

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Impatiens balfourii

Anyone know if its remotely as good or invasive as Himalayan balsam. Just been offered some you see whilst bee plant hunting on holiday

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

You seem determined not to, but for what its worth, stick to native plants then everyone's a winner

I'm very determined not to. If we all stuck to native plants then most peoples gardens would be awfully boring. What native plants should I grow?

I'm very determined not to. If we all stuck to native plants then most peoples gardens would be awfully boring. What native plants should I grow?

Bananas, mangoes or maybe jackfruit?

That I suppose comes down to a matter of taste

That I suppose comes down to a matter of taste
Yep...

If it makes you feel better I replanted all my hedgerows with native plants. I would just rather my garden was pretty (to my tastes)

. . . ..I replanted all my hedgerows with native plants. I would just rather my garden was pretty (to my tastes)

Pardon my ignorance, but what were the hedgerows before
if "Not Native" ????

Pardon my ignorance, but what were the hedgerows before
if "Not Native" ????
Sycamore, sweet chestnut, horse chestnut and larch mixed in with blackthorn, hawthorn and hazel which I left alone and replanted the new gaps. You can get grants over here to replant hedgerows with native species. Its peanuts but everything was out of control when i got here so I cut it all back and started again.

I'd love to see a garden with only native species, I don't think I've ever seen one in my life

native

Sycamore, sweet chestnut, horse chestnut and larch mixed in with blackthorn, hawthorn and hazel which I left alone and replanted the new gaps. You can get grants over here to replant hedgerows with native species. Its peanuts but everything was out of control when i got here so I cut it all back and started again.

I'd love to see a garden with only native species, I don't think I've ever seen one in my life

don't think sycamore is native, all these guys running around planting oak say sycamore is a weed but I am glad it's here it saved me this spring (honey wise)

Latest posts

Back