Jar labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
This isn't a question on what goes on the label - but how the label goes on the jar :)

How to you make sure the label is 'level' and the same on all jars? When I was giving away the odd jarful - it didn't matter whether they were all the same or not - but now my local village shop has offered me a prime shelf spot - it would be nice if they were all the same, rather than done by eye!

Use a template to set the bottom edge of the label a given distance from the work top.

:iagree:

Yes similar.
I have a piece of card which is curved to fit round the jar and just comes up to bottom of label. Use this to get label level cause I can never do it by eye.

Or don't worry too much. It will really only matter in a show. Most of mine are more or less straight, but i don't lose any sleep over it.

I got hexagonal jars and they have a convenient little bit that I can butt the label up to.
as it is my first year I have been giving it to family and friends. but I also made my own sign to hang at the end of the drive when I am in and have sold three jars so far.

Or don't worry too much. It will really only matter in a show. Most of mine are more or less straight, but i don't lose any sleep over it.

:iagree: The French have a lovely word which describes what real honey should look like - artisanaux.

A slightly misplaced label shows it was not put there by machine!

Latest posts

Back