Its getting Springier!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunny but very windy today.
No doubt because I had planned of fitting another solar panel to roof of van..:hairpull:

Tomorrow I guess the wind will be replaced by rain.

I find that heading south from here by the tjme you reach birmingham you can see a weeks difference or more in hedgerow flowers. Although saying that theres a place up here near the coast in full sun & the sloes have been in full flower for over a week, shows what a difference a bit of shelter from the wind makes.

In spring, a three mile drive into Cheshire - which is lower and further away from the hills- shows daffodils out some 2-3 weeks in advance of us. Same applies to tree flowers: cherries particularly noticeable.

March certainly going out like a lion! Just watching my garden fence facing it's final pummelling - the winds of last night have finally brought it down.

Good job all the hives are well weighed down.

Sunny 10 minutes ago & bees flying, now its snowing, this weather is unreal, & the winds horrendous!

fielding calls about a massive tree fallen across the river in the high winds just above the suspension footbridge (and a bit further upstream to where the sewage line bridges the river) joys of being chairman of the local fishermen's federation as well as councillor!

Odd thing is, although the wind is strong enough to pull car door out of my hand.......the bees are out..One hitched a lift when I came indoors (front) and then took off and went straight out the back door when I opened it. Shortcut.

Last edited:
I was in Hampshire over the weekend - stuff growing all over the place, flowers in bloom, etc. It was quite amazing to compare with the continuing cold here.

Come the weekend the UK is straddled by a warm front... Those north of the midlands will most likely feel a fair bit chillier, the south although cooler will still be pleasant. Due to the front moving across there will most prob be a bit more cloud about though. Still looking likely that high pressure will continue into next week so looking dry and nice :)

Come the weekend the UK is straddled by a warm front... Those north of the midlands will most likely feel a fair bit chillier, the south although cooler will still be pleasant. Due to the front moving across there will most prob be a bit more cloud about though. Still looking likely that high pressure will continue into next week so looking dry and nice :)

Thanks for that Roola.

pouring down here & cold but set to warm up again on Tuesday!

Latest posts

Back