Is the UK Military Building Up For Another Conflict?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly a lot of "playing" going on over my house. The helipcopters are driving me nuts.
Cazza

Lots of activity on firing ranges south of the county.
Could hear the heavy machine guns pumping away yesterday pm in the distance.
We had an Apache flying low level up the estuary about 6w ago too
First time ive seen one of those down here.
Hovered over the house for about a minute about 500ft up

Bees didnt seem bothered tho
:)

When the EU collapses, the US is going to invade Normandy (again) :lurk5:

Any offensive is normaly preceded by a lot of activity at Kineton arms depot in Warwickshire near fenny compton....any beekeepers in that area noticed ANYTHING unusual?

A month to practise - before the Olympics start.

Been practising for a lot longer than you think - this is just the final dress rehearsal - but yes, that is almost definitely the reason

Lots of activity on firing ranges south of the county.
Could hear the heavy machine guns pumping away yesterday pm in the distance.
We had an Apache flying low level up the estuary about 6w ago too
First time ive seen one of those down here.
Hovered over the house for about a minute about 500ft up

Bees didnt seem bothered tho
:)

Same reasons Goodwood - musn't say any more!

The Olympics are just a cover : we invade France to regain those colonies taken from the English Crown by force:

"when I die, you will find Calais engraved on my heart" Mary 1.

A bit late but revenge is a dish best eaten cold :)

Governments are poking Syria with a sharp stick atm while they've got Russia and China backing them:sport-smiley-002:

Can't be good IMO:eek:

poking Syria with a sharp stick atm while they've got Russia and China backing them

Neville Chute: On the Beach?

poking Syria with a sharp stick atm while they've got Russia and China backing them

Neville Chute: On the Beach?

Had to google that sorry; YTS - Young Thick and Stupid:rolleyes:

Sounds like a good read and yes, seems like a plausible outcome of all the worlds current troubles. War, unfortunately, is good for an economy in the long run. Creates jobs for weapons building, fighting and rebuilding. You can but there's a few leaders out there thinking the same thing:eek:

Nevil Shute. On The Beach is a pretty sadly gruesome read. Written in the future, which is now the past....ie about 1984, there are a few things he was spot on about but a few amusing ones that he was way off with. It's the only book of his I have only read the once and have no plans to read it again.

As an aside did you know that Nevil (Shute) Norway worked as a calculator on the R100 airship alongside Barnes Wallis. The R100 was the successful airship, privately built as opposed to the government funded one the R101 which had the disastrous crash which brought to an end the airship dream. Nevil Norway then went on to build his own aeroplanes, in the days when they were built of wood and after 3 or 4 builds they moved on to a new design. He formed a company...Airstream and continued building aircraft, designing the first with a retractable undercarriage which would enable aricraft to finally be able to cross the Atlantic. His autobigraphy 'Slide Rule' is a much better read.

Frisbee

As an aside did you know that Nevil (Shute) Norway worked as a calculator on the R100 airship alongside Barnes Wallis. The R100 was the successful airship, privately built as opposed to the government funded one the R101 which had the disastrous crash which brought to an end the airship dream. Nevil Norway then went on to build his own aeroplanes, in the days when they were built of wood and after 3 or 4 builds they moved on to a new design. He formed a company...Airstream and continued building aircraft, designing the first with a retractable undercarriage which would enable aricraft to finally be able to cross the Atlantic. His autobigraphy 'Slide Rule' is a much better read.

Frisbee

:iagree: It's excellent, everyone should read it.

The Olympics are just a cover : we invade France to regain those colonies taken from the English Crown by force:

"when I die, you will find Calais engraved on my heart" Mary 1.

A bit late but revenge is a dish best eaten cold :)

About time we gave france another good Tonking I believe it's traditional to do it every hundred years or so!

Do you know, I thought I was the only one thinking that! :D

On reflection, given the current cuts, perhaps we';d be better invading Lichtenstein, or possibly vatican city.

Back