Instrumental Insemination price please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is why I intend to test a few potential sites and see what happens. Nothing like trying something out. If it works, great, if not, such is life.

"Suck it and see" is invaluable as a tool in so much of beekeeping, everything is dependant on locality and there's nothing like personal experience to inform oneself imho.

Which is why I intend to test a few potential sites and see what happens. Nothing like trying something out. If it works, great, if not, such is life.

If you can breed a bee suitable for your needs and environment and then flood the area with it, and get all the beekeepers in your area to keep and benefit from it then you have achieved what many beekeepers can only dream of!

not worthynot worthynot worthy

Yeghes da

Should the unthinkable happen and SHB arrive in the UK, after the bonfires, there will be a 16km beeless circle.. Now..... if it were restocked with only one type of bee........

Back to your post....I'm only hoping to find an area where I can conduct my own breeding, may take a few years to find a site, alternatively I may never find one.
I shall however, give it a shot as easier for my situation than to contemplate II.
But I think trying to persuade all the beekeepers in one area to keep the same type of bee is beyond the powers of the almighty! :)

But I think trying to persuade all the beekeepers in one area to keep the same type of bee is beyond the powers of the almighty!

:winner1st::winner1st::winner1st::winner1st::winner1st:

Yeghes da

Insemination instrument

Hello colleagues beekeepers, I see you are interested in the topic of instrumental insemination of queens.
I am a beekeeper from Ukraine, replacing insemination and growing queens, for the season I produce about 1000 queens of breed bakfast.
- We have adjusted our production equipment using 3D printing technology. Want to share with you, maybe someone will be interested
0b4367807f12.jpg

Last edited:
Icanhopit is alive and well...admittedly gap is nearly 4 years since last post.

Hello colleagues beekeepers, I see you are interested in the topic of instrumental insemination of queens.
I am a beekeeper from Ukraine, replacing insemination and growing queens, for the season I produce about 1000 queens of breed bakfast.
- We have adjusted our production equipment using 3D printing technology. Want to share with you, maybe someone will be interested
0b4367807f12.jpg

Looks good... very much after the Abello instrument.
I got my Great Aunt to buy me some Schley forceps... as the stinghook was becoming a little difficult to manipulate.

Icanhopit is alive an well... and has never been banned from this forum... name change due to a computer glitch he remains king of the hill ( Kit Hill!!!) as Cheers!

:calmdown:

Looks good... very much after the Abello instrument.

Are the screws plasic too? That might raise some concerns about how long it might last. Otherwise, all the important parts look metal (so it should be possible to sterilise them)

Interesting mod on the insemination hypodermic clamp.... long wire so that tip can be manipulated with left hand... possibly easier than the knob adjustment on the Schley instrument... although I have seen this long lever on others ( ? Latshaw ? )

I know Hivemaker has his own home-made tip puller but I wondered how common that is.

Very rare I would of thought, I prefer to make my own but most people like buying equipment rather than manufacturing their own, also make other things to do with II, including perforated sting hooks, did try forceps but didn't really like them.

Insemination instrument

I wanted to throw off the video, but I probably don’t have the opportunity to provide web links. Now slightly thrown off the price with delivery of $ 385 - if anyone is interested.
there is a limit of 10 messages)
ebay.com/itm/79142-Insemination-instrument-of-Bee-Queen-made-on-a-3d-printer-/202569994984?oid=202543623609

Does anyone else make their own tips?

I know Hivemaker has his own home-made tip puller but I wondered how common that is. I use a Schley tip puller which are quite expensive. Perhaps this is something that could also be made on a 3d printer

in Ukraine, capillaries cost $ 3
for work, we grab 2-3 capillaries for the insemination of 1500 queens.
shipping will cost where 3-5 dollars.
I do not make them myself, but I order them from a professional. I can give his contacts if necessary.

in Ukraine, capillaries cost $ 3
for work, we grab 2-3 capillaries for the insemination of 1500 queens.
shipping will cost where 3-5 dollars.
I do not make them myself, but I order them from a professional. I can give his contacts if necessary.

I make my own, but, thanks for the offer.
Others may appreciate the information though.

I think most people would buy tips from Schley (Prof Schley has now retired so Alexander Wachholtz ([email protected] took over the business). They cost around £30 for 5.

I make my own, but, thanks for the offer.

How do you do that, or I mean, how did you learn to do that, were you taught by someone, or did you learn trial and error, or over YouTube, etc.

It sounds quite a technical thing, that needs to be Very Exact! :eek:

Back