Affordable prewired assembled frames?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GG frames in Paul's link have vertical wires and conventional Hoffman shouders, while Denrosa (this year, at any rate) have horizontal wires, DN5 top bars and flat Hoffman shoulders.
I bought all the 14x12 frames Murray had at the Telford beekeeping show, they were wired 50% horizontal 50% vertical.
When I queried this, I was told you can specify wires either way….this will obviously depend on what they have in stock at the time of order placement…… whatever you want if pre- ordered.
They are definitely Hoffman and flat shouldered.

Just had a quote from Helen. Assembled frames come in at £3.04 incl P&P and VAT each. That's £1.30 cheaper than Gwenyn (looking at price for 11 frames) and £1.60 compared to standard assembled hofmann.
Brood or shallow? I'll dig out my spreadsheet at some point and see how that compares to last year. A pallet of just frames means the P&P is distributed better than having fewer bulkier items. Obviously a pallet of shallow frames works out better than one of deep frames by the same logic.

Just had a quote from Helen. Assembled frames come in at £3.04 incl P&P and VAT each. That's £1.30 cheaper than Gwenyn (looking at price for 11 frames) and £1.60 compared to standard assembled hofmann.
Isn't shipping free if you can pick it up from Murray en route as he heads down to his Herefordshire sites? I was thinking of meeting him on the A74 and saving myself the postage next year

Isn't shipping free if you can pick it up from Murray en route as he heads down to his Herefordshire sites? I was thinking of meeting him on the A74 and saving myself the postage next year
It might be but I live near Swansea and would cost me more in diesel there and back than the cost of shipping!!

Brood or shallow? I'll dig out my spreadsheet at some point and see how that compares to last year. A pallet of just frames means the P&P is distributed better than having fewer bulkier items. Obviously a pallet of shallow frames works out better than one of deep frames by the same logic.
brood. I will ask admin if I can put a message out this autumn to see if any beeks from South-Wales want to join for a big order (pallet worth).

Latest posts

Back