I wonder if they keep bees at Buckingham Palace...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
re tall stands

Presumably the presidential security team, FBI, CIA etc. all insisted on a clear view under the hive so that AQ terrorists or commies couldn't hide.

alternative the height is so that it is comfortable for Mr & Mrs Pres if they want to inspect.

The lady from Didlington Hall, next to us, I have been told is the beekeeper for HM the Queen, not the band. I can't remember her name though...

Presumably the presidential security team, FBI, CIA etc. all insisted on a clear view under the hive so that AQ terrorists or commies couldn't hide.

alternative the height is so that it is comfortable for Mr & Mrs Pres if they want to inspect.

It's close to the vegetable garden they have kids working in so I wondered if raising it up was an alternative to putting screening round it...

No Russian bees there I bet!

Prolly have to fly through some airport scanners before they can land too.

'now ma'am, did you pack this pollen yourself?'

I bet queen supersedure is a taboo topic there though

'As a precaution against such mishaps, he replaces the queen — bee that is — with a new one each May. ‘They’re less likely to swarm when there’s a younger queen because she gives off a substance that suppresses the instinct.’ All this is happening in a secret part of the garden, not visible to the hundreds of thousands of paying visitors who flock to Buckingham Palace. '

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-favourite-honey--backyard.html#ixzz2IinVN0ua
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I was wondering if the irony was lost on the reporter...

The hives are on the island, i understand 4 hives on average. He's a good chap that john chapple and yes he re-queens each year NZ queens.

We met the Royal Trollope , sorry Duchess of Cornwall at a farmers market. She told us 'we have bees' but when questioned didn't have a clue, must have a servant to keep them !
S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We met the Royal Trollope , sorry Duchess of Cornwall at a farmers market. She told us 'we have bees' but when questioned didn't have a clue, must have a servant to keep them !
S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its Clarence House then yes they have two lovely hives and looked after by the same beekeeper as the mother in law down the road. A little bird told me she wanted the bees but he is not that keen on buzzing things??

"when there’s a younger queen because she gives off a substance that suppresses the instinct."

I'm sure many would agree the current queen but one in waiting does precisely the opposite!

The hives are on the island, i understand 4 hives on average. He's a good chap that john chapple and yes he re-queens each year NZ queens.

I gather that there has been a confirmed "supercedure" at Lambeth Palace, though, when Mr. Chapple's gentle beekeeping expertise is also appreciated!

No Russian bees there I bet!

Prolly have to fly through some airport scanners before they can land too.

'now ma'am, did you pack this pollen yourself?'

Also, being American Bees, they probably sting their own fellow bees sometimes as well.....lol

Back