I quit now.......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought the bbka guide to beekeeping book and it's the worst book i have bought

I remember the poster writing that article just after I removed links to their website.

Finman always goes on a forum wobble around the August bank holiday every year...

He will settle back down.

It does seem to me that a few regular contributors have appointed themselves Finnman baiters. He quite naturally responds and everything escalates. Don't forget he has cultural differences to the UK but does know how to run healthy and productive hives on a scale well beyond most and in much colder climes.
I am not sure what the answer is but I would rather read Finnmans contributions without the yah boo sucks responses from the baying pack. I consider myself able to think through the advice posts and filter out the dross without back and forth name calling from the "legends in their own minds".

And he's not been well....

that the only reasons for keeping bees is to get large numbers of hives and produce the largest amount of honey to the exclusion of anything else.

Should I cry when I read your posts?

You know everything, and what you do not know, you put your imagination to gallop.... Even you yourself do not belive what you write.

Nature lovers, yeah.

My carrier as "nature lover" begun at the age of 3.
We lived in small house in rural village and we had one cow which came with family when they escaped the Russian attack.

There was cow cakes on home yeard and beatifull dung beatles.

I picked them when I had no other playing tools. It was 1950.
At the age of 3,5 we moved to a small town. The road was dark clay. Not even sand surface.

I have has all my life all kind of pets, and at the age of 15 y
I start to keep bees. I had no slightest idea about "simple minded money".

I moved to study to capital city 1967. You know, in that age a young man needs some money. "MOM! Gimme money. I go out! My mom had no money and she was 150 km away from me. All money was spoent to keep alive 6 persons family.

I have been all my life fond of nature. I went to study biology to university. Surely you think that "I was intended to be rich. That was my only motivation in University".

I have seen, how hard was my fathers life as timber man and only few of his collagues lived up to age of 50. They all have started to work like men at the age of 12 when rural shool was finish.

I know too, that citizen of London had harder life than my family. I have hear that thousands of street shildren were collected from London to ships, and sent to Australia after war. It was founded too 10 new towns in England to where pressures of London was leaded.

When I visited in England, they told to me that there are "unemloyments in third generation". Every where I can see table "house for sale". I visited on "good people" areas like Bexley.

I saw too, that nothing came for free in England. They worked a clock around that they can keep they own houses.

I wonder what kind of gang is here in forum, to whom money means nothing.

So wise guys, who do not know much about their fathers' life.

Save you bumble bees!

Last edited:
I was born in this village 1947

asuminen_pyoriala.jpg

My first pets

40341328.jpg

My best pet, Kaleb

Asio-otus

Last edited:
Should I cry when I read your posts?

You know everything, and what you do not know, you put your imagination to gallop.... Even you yourself do not belive what you write.

Nature lovers, yeah.

My carrier as "nature lover" begun at the age of 3.
We lived in small house in rural village and we had one cow which came with family when they escaped the Russian attack.

There was cow cakes on home yeard and beatifull dung beatles.

I picked them when I had no other playing tools. It was 1950.
At the age of 3,5 we moved to a small town. The road was dark clay. Not even sand surface.

I have has all my life all kind of pets, and at the age of 15 y
I start to keep bees. I had no slightest idea about "simple minded money".

I moved to study to capital city 1967. You know, in that age a young man needs some money. "MOM! Gimme money. I go out! My mom had no money and she was 150 km away from me. All money was spoent to keep alive 6 persons family.

I have been all my life fond of nature. I went to study biology to university. Surely you think that "I was intended to be rich. That was my only motivation in University".

I have seen, how hard was my fathers life as timber man and only few of his collagues lived up to age of 50. They all have started to work like men at the age of 12 when rural shool was finish.

I know too, that citizen of London had harder life than my family. I have hear that thousands of street shildren were collected from London to ships, and sent to Australia after war. It was founded too 10 new towns in England to where pressures of London was leaded.

When I visited in England, they told to me that there are "unemloyments in third generation". Every where I can see table "house for sale". I visited on "good people" areas like Bexley.

I saw too, that nothing came for free in England. They worked a clock around that they can keep they own houses.

I wonder what kind of gang is here in forum, to whom money means nothing.

So wise guys, who do not know much about their fathers' life.

Save you bumble bees!

Unfortunately, Finman, you are picking on the wrong person here ... show me one of my posts that maligns you, or your knowledge, in ANY way. Indeed, where I feel that your posts have been of benefit you will find that I have acknowledged your input.

I may have a different point of view and less practical experience but I don't seek to thrust my ideas or philosophy on anyone else, or insist that my way is the only right way. You have, upon occasions, been very rude in your assessment of 'one hive owners' and about me in particular but I have chosen not to respond in a similar vein.

I have said to you, in the past, hit the 'Ignore pargyle' button and do us both a favour. I'm not going to be intimidated by your rants and I have no intention of, voluntarily, ceasing to post.

I don't consider myself as ever having 'baited' you or of being part of a 'gang' of Finman baiters. In your own words ... get a life.

And so the circle turns - and we have the same argument again and again - I am getting dizzy!

And so the circle turns - and we have the same argument again and again - I am getting dizzy!

Sadly, if you look back to my post that started this particular diatribe from Finman it was fairly inoccuous !

"I think there's a place for everyone on here ... but I do sometimes tire of Finman's single minded opinion that the only reasons for keeping bees is to get large numbers of hives and produce the largest amount of honey to the exclusion of anything else.

It's not a position that is largely reflected on this forum ... his advice, at times, is spot on though - and appreciated
. "

You lost all sympathy with me Finman when you said you were intentionally there to wind people up and make them upset and cross! Those may not be the exact words but they were exactly what you meant. Cheerio best wishes!
E

some people deserve winding up.

i'm sure almost everyone (no matter how pleasant normally) would agree that their first thought when spotting someone with their head in the sand is to kick their conveniently presented rear rather than help them out!!!!!!

personally i can't wait for the annual oxalic acid concentration debate to start.....

You lost all sympathy with me Finman when you said you were intentionally there to wind people up and make them upset and cross! Those may not be the exact words but they were exactly what you meant. Cheerio best wishes!
E

I remember reading those words too - but it seems that reminding people of this, risks placing us within the membership of a Finman-baiting gang.

What I fail to understand is why someone would start a thread which is focussed soley on a threat to leave - doing so seems very petulant and attention-seeking to me.

If you want to leave, just leave. There's no need to write about doing so beforehand. But I, for one, hope you don't go - but that's your choice.

LJ

I hope Finman stays. I also hope folks will think twice before typing things they'd never say face to face. It's to everyone's advantage to be nice to one another.

"Sadist or Masochist ???"

depends where i intend to put the oxalic i presume?

DOI: both OH and I have no problems cooking up thymol mixes indoors.

"I also hope folks will think twice before typing things they'd never say face to face"

i'm just as happy to be rude to someone face to face if justified.

"I also hope folks will think twice before typing things they'd never say face to face"

i agree that happens a lot on all forums

I agree ... but I'm not sure some of Finman's one liners are justified ! Quote:

Single minded yes. Better than mindless.

And to you, use your brains.

But you are allways opening your vast mouth to every direction

I have never met a person. Whose ego depends on site of excluder.

have your apples allredy rippen?

Meanwhile you write carbage on forum

Me sound ----you echo now I hate more

Its me. I hate one-hive owners.

Why don't you just move onto next door soffa. A free advise.

I love you all, but most of all that 2000 km distance between us.

if somebody is stupid, it is nobodys fault. we are just different,

That was my answer to 1-hive owner paragyle.

As a one hive owner, you should keep a little bit lower profile.

blaa blaa blaa.Don't try to be too wise.
:gnorsi::gnorsi::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back