I quit II

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble for old finsky is that he would be so recognisable by his style if he were to re-join under another name, like some have done after being banned permanently. He is a good beekeeper and the forum would be the loser as he has a wealth of experience and as long as the advice is used in context to the uk climate. His dislike of 'one-hive beekeepers' seems to have got him in hot water recently, but starting another thread like that was bound to attract some form of punitive reaction. He may never return , of course, but that is his decision.

But a different situation to the others on holiday currently.

His dislike of 'one-hive beekeepers' seems to have got him in hot water recently

I am a one-colony keeper, clearly capable of provoking a reaction from Finman by complaining about thread wars, so I think I am pretty well-placed to say his dislike of one-hive owners is confined to those who try to teach him beekeeping. (I suppose there might be one or two in particular). But he is well-prepared to engage one-hive owners who have questions. He clearly has immense skills, although his methods are not to everyone's taste (This is BEE-keeping) and I really hope he comes back. But we all need to self-moderate.

The village is ASTIR! Wonderful.

Trouble for old finsky is that he would be so recognisable by his style if he were to re-join under another name, like some have done after being banned permanently. He is a good beekeeper and the forum would be the loser as he has a wealth of experience and as long as the advice is used in context to the uk climate. His dislike of 'one-hive beekeepers' seems to have got him in hot water recently, but starting another thread like that was bound to attract some form of punitive reaction. He may never return , of course, but that is his decision.

But a different situation to the others on holiday currently.

He is indeed wise. Don't you recognise the delivery of Yoda when you see it?

I am a one-colony keeper, clearly capable of provoking a reaction from Finman by complaining about thread wars, so I think I am pretty well-placed to say his dislike of one-hive owners is confined to those who try to teach him beekeeping. (I suppose there might be one or two in particular). But he is well-prepared to engage one-hive owners who have questions. He clearly has immense skills, although his methods are not to everyone's taste (This is BEE-keeping) and I really hope he comes back. But we all need to self-moderate.

The village is ASTIR! Wonderful.

Intrigued by the irony of it all....

Last edited:
and i hope definitely not.

Do Ryanair fly to anywhere near him?

"his dislike of one-hive owners is confined to those who try to teach him beekeeping. (I suppose there might be one or two in particular). But he is well-prepared to engage one-hive owners who have questions."

well put.

I was keeping bees in Finland and I was successful thanks to Finman's advice on this forum.
I wish I had someone like him in Italy where I restart beekeeping next year.

"I wish I had someone like him in Italy where I restart beekeeping next year."

and where the forum is heavily moderated and repeat thread topics not tolerated!

I used to work in a job that involved lots of dead people..... I always found that everyone was the best friend of the recently deceased despite the fact they hated them when they were alive......... I often use the phrase 'everyone loves a dead person' . It seems apt now!
E

Personally i find the dead very cold.

my old neighbour once presented me to local mayor (taken as moral support when requesting council repairs to access road) as " this is Richard - he cuts people"

result - prompt repairs within a couple of weeks!

" this is Richard - he cuts people"

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
my Godfather :eek: who's an undertaker has a pretty cutting put down - 'I can't wait to meet you on a more professional level'
Ouch!

my old neighbour once presented me to local mayor (taken as moral support when requesting council repairs to access road) as " this is Richard - he cuts people"

I thought those photos were AFTER stings to the face, not before ...

I hope he comes back. He is a good source of scientific knowledge towards beekeeping. I can understand his impatience towards beekeepers with hardly any experience trying to teach others. Some people need to learn to listen (or read). Can't understand why so many ignorant beekeepers here disputed that for sake of an argument.

I used to work in a job that involved lots of dead people..... I always found that everyone was the best friend of the recently deceased despite the fact they hated them when they were alive......... I often use the phrase 'everyone loves a dead person' . It seems apt now!
E

:hairpull: You used to work in the houses of parliament? :icon_204-2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back