I quit II

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he comes back. He is a good source of scientific knowledge towards beekeeping. I can understand his impatience towards beekeepers with hardly any experience trying to teach others. Some people need to learn to listen (or read). Can't understand why so many ignorant beekeepers here disputed that for sake of an argument.

Well, I missed the whole brouhaha and feel thoroughly cheated that it couldn't have been scheduled at a time I was online...

I Some people need to learn to listen (or read). Can't understand why so many ignorant beekeepers here disputed that for sake of an argument.

:iagree:
Finman is notorious for mis-reading the OP and then banging on for pages on a subject of no relevance to the original question - and calling everyone else an id!ot when they politely try to point the fact out to him that he was mistaken and his answers way off track .

Well, I missed the whole brouhaha and feel thoroughly cheated that it couldn't have been scheduled at a time I was online...

maybe admin can rig up some kind of forum equivalent to catch-up TV (I think it may be easier than trying to sort chat out - get me coat shall i? :D)

Some people read a book and think they know it all and come hell or high water you will not change their minds, sad really that the art of debate always ends up in a fight on here with some, I can allway remember a new beek on the forum was hell bent on believing that the hole in the crown board should be left open because her mentor told her so, she was having none of it lol

I hope he comes back. He is a good source of scientific knowledge towards beekeeping. I can understand his impatience towards beekeepers with hardly any experience trying to teach others. Some people need to learn to listen (or read). Can't understand why so many ignorant beekeepers here disputed that for sake of an argument.

You must have been reading a different thread.

All the stuff he quoted came from google.

Last edited:
Some people read a book and think they know it all and come hell or high water you will not change their minds, sad really that the art of debate always ends up in a fight on here with some, I can allway remember a new beek on the forum was hell bent on believing that the hole in the crown board should be left open because her mentor told her so, she was having none of it lol

I think you'll find that happens on other forums where knowledge egos get upset, sad really

My mentor says the same "they need to get up there" but thanks to you guys I've seen the light :D

That said, I leave mine open, Redwood, even though some will now be sticking pins in an effigy of me...

But then, I don't care either way, as it's a circular argument; bees will prove us all wrong one time or another.

You must have been reading a different thread.

All the stuff he quoted came from google.

And? You think backing his opinions and 50 years of knowledge with scientific evidence is a bad thing? Why does it matter that it comes from google? It is helpful knowledge all the same.

That said, I leave mine open, Redwood, even though some will now be sticking pins in an effigy of me...

Luckily enough we've got plenty of wax spare! any chance of sending me a lock of your hair? - or maybe a tiny leetle nail clipping? :reddevil:

as it's a circular argument;

As are most holes in my experience :D

He will be back.
QUOTE]

Don't worry Finny, a few more days and you can put us all in our place again :D:seeya:

A very, very mixed blessing that the two who post the most, will be back.

It's been really good this week, hearing a variety of other voices, which are normally silenced, crowded out by their narcissistic, bombastic presence. What should be a forum of many voices had turned into a Greek Tragedy, with a couple of characters and everyone else relegated to the chorus.

I hope they return rather more subdued. Finman does have a lot to offer - but his is not the only truth.

I hope we can give both of them a chance. I, for one, will remove a name from my 'Ignore' list. But woe betide anyone who resorts to cyber-bullying.

Dusty.

Hasn't this thread run its course please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back