Hurricane Big Bertha on Friday

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canary Honey

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Predicting heavy rain around these parts for Friday afternoon and some wind.
Some of my bees don't seem to mind going out in the rain but I worry about the numbers lost when they are hit by a heavy downpour.

As far as precautions go I guess I should make sure the hives are securely tied down and this is about all I can do?
If I close the entrance completely for the day they would suffer much more.

Sorry if it sounds pathetic but one particular hive are like teenagers "can I go out? Its only raining a bit, I won't get wet. . . pleeeeese" "no you can stay in and make some wax" I would say :D

Predicting heavy rain around these parts for Friday afternoon and some wind.
Some of my bees don't seem to mind going out in the rain but I worry about the numbers lost when they are hit by a heavy downpour.

As far as precautions go I guess I should make sure the hives are securely tied down and this is about all I can do?
If I close the entrance completely for the day they would suffer much more.

Sorry if it sounds pathetic but one particular hive are like teenagers "can I go out? Its only raining a bit, I won't get wet. . . pleeeeese" "no you can stay in and make some wax" I would say :D

Oh, brilliant. And I'm heading down to see the folks in Cromer tomorrow...

:hairpull:

:calmdown:

At least tidal surge hasn't been mentioned, the pier doesn't need that again.

I certainly wouldn't close them down. They will be fine! As long as they don't blow over!
E

I certainly wouldn't close them down. They will be fine! As long as they don't blow over!
E

Make sure the hive stands are substantial aswell :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:

Sorry enrico . Couldnt resist
How are your swellings this fine morning ?
Hope uou are feeling better

Make sure the hive stands are substantial aswell :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:

Sorry enrico . Couldnt resist
How are your swellings this fine morning ?
Hope uou are feeling better

Raspberry blow to you!!
They are fine thanks,
But good point too!!!
:icon_204-2:
E

Latest posts

Back