Host a hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverfox1980

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
Hi all,
I hope you don't mind me being here.I am very interested in learning about Bees & how the work with the hope to learn enough to do my own beekeeping in the future.
I am told a good way to start is offering to host a hive?
Would anyone be interested in using my garden to put a hive in?
I've a very big enclosed south facing garden with side access that backs on to woodland Close to Mortimer Berkshire the bottom of the garden I don't really use so thought would be ideal:)

Would love to but sadly just that bit too far for weekly trips for me at the moment. You're the second one in roughly that area (although slightly closer) to offer hive space this year.. Perhaps I need to move! :unsure:

Hope you find someone. I'm in the Fleet BKA which may yield someone if you ask but there will probably be another BKA even closer to you. Alternatively try advertising in your local parish magazine, if they have one. You could always put a note up in local farm stores too such as the Mole stores at Sherfield on Loddon. Bit of a long shot but worth it if nothing else works.

Would love to but sadly just that bit too far for weekly trips for me at the moment. You're the second one in roughly that area (although slightly closer) to offer hive space this year.. Perhaps I need to move! :unsure:

Hope you find someone. I'm in the Fleet BKA which may yield someone if you ask but there will probably be another BKA even closer to you. Alternatively try advertising in your local parish magazine, if they have one. You could always put a note up in local farm stores too such as the Mole stores at Sherfield on Loddon. Bit of a long shot but worth it if nothing else works.
Brilliant idea, thank you:)

Hi all,
I hope you don't mind me being here.I am very interested in learning about Bees & how the work with the hope to learn enough to do my own beekeeping in the future.
I am told a good way to start is offering to host a hive?
Would anyone be interested in using my garden to put a hive in?
I've a very big enclosed south facing garden with side access that backs on to woodland Close to Mortimer Berkshire the bottom of the garden I don't really use so thought would be ideal:)
hi is your place still available ? I need a place to keep my hive.

Back