'Honey Helpers'

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Has anyone else had an email from an annonymous source with just a mobile number offering to buy all your honey?

C B

not yet. sounds dodgy forward to police. they will follow it up.

Do you want one? :)

It could be someone trying to figure out if you have something worth nicking or a general idiot.

Make an anonymous call to the mobile number with a vague interest in honey. Try to establish who they are and if they have any honey to sell. You might also have them errantly believe that you are a honey packer or a Chinese honey importer with lots of relatives with long knives depending on how you feel the conversation is going or your humorous disposition at the time.

Here's a copy of the email, note i have no connection to this whatso ever, have sent them an email back asking who they are and how did they get my email address. I have removed their mobile number and email address (which was just [email protected]) as if they are genuine i don't want to give them free advertising!

ATTENTION BEEKEEPERS!

v LOVE BEE KEEPING BUT HATE THE HONEY MESS

v TOO MUCH HASSLE SELLING YOUR PURE HONEY TO PUBLIC OR PRIVATELY

v TOO COLD TO STAND OUTSIDE AND SELL THE HONEY

IF THESE ARE SOME OF YOUR THOUGHTS

LOOK NO FURTHER!

WE WILL

v TAKE ALL THE HASSEL OUT OF SELLING YOUR HONEY

v BUY ALL YOUR HONEY IN ONE TRANSACTION

v GIVE COMPETITIVE RATES

v CASH PAYMENT UPON DELIVERY OR COLLECTION

(YOUR CHOICE)

INTERESTED?

CALL US NOW ON

TO DISCUSS YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR

JUST TO SIGN UP OR

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

REGARDS,

HONEY HELPERS

Google their mobile number to see what else is associated with the number.

Google their mobile number to see what else is associated with the number.

Are you a mind reader?

Was just doing that, it seems they are connected to a london based website that sells local honey, again on the website it only gives a mobile numnber, no address and no proper names. Might be genuine, but i am always suspicious of no names/addresses or landlines.

C B

Something rings a bell, last year a group or organisation based in London had been mentioned and talked about that they set up an extracting service or similar.

interesting the email in the newsletter is yahoo, the one you got was freedomain.

getting more dodgy.

I know it's a novel thought but could it just be some chap/ess trying to earn a few quid buying in smallish quantities from several beekeepers and selling on in bulk or possibly even retail.

OK so they are doing it on the cheap and possibly need to use a spell checker but I don't see anything particularly sinister in what they are doing!

Obviously caveat emptor and all that but I don't think we should immediately start accusing them of being crooks.

Just my 2p

I really cannot see a problem
If you have honey you want to sell and they come up with a price you are happy with you have a deal.

They chap probably sells it through some high end outlet so can turn a good profit and give you a good price why not call him and find out before we call him a crook.

Rightly or wrongly I have suspicions when I see a Hotmail, Yahoo email or similar used. It doesn't inspire confidence that the business will be around for long....or maybe I am just a little too cautious ?
S

I really cannot see a problem
If you have honey you want to sell and they come up with a price you are happy with you have a deal.

They chap probably sells it through some high end outlet so can turn a good profit and give you a good price why not call him and find out before we call him a crook.

Seems fair comment as long as any sale you make is cash on handover of goods. I would be wary of cheques or pay later promises from an unknown who approached in this manner.

Rightly or wrongly I have suspicions when I see a Hotmail, Yahoo email or similar used. It doesn't inspire confidence that the business will be around for long....or maybe I am just a little too cautious ?
S

In my case I have a gmail account. I have changed ISP twice over about 15 years and the inconvenience of letting everyone know my new details was ridiculous. Hence I now use a transportable email service.

Plenty of people jumping to conclusions at the moment.

It may sink without trace or be a good service. I see it as someone trying to have a go and earn a few pounds and I say good luck to them.

Latest posts

Back