British Bee Charity

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polomadh

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I bought some oats today, which came with “free wildflower kit and membership to The British Bee charity”.

Anyone else seen this and been equally irritated by the hyperbole on their website

“British” but only appear to be based in Surrey, offering Honey beekeeping courses, in Surrey

“you’ve just joined the most important bee charity in the UK”

There are more things, but life is too short. I think.

I bought some oats today, which came with “free wildflower kit and membership to The British Bee charity”.

Anyone else seen this and been equally irritated by the hyperbole on their website

“British” but only appear to be based in Surrey, offering Honey beekeeping courses, in Surrey

“you’ve just joined the most important bee charity in the UK”

There are more things, but life is too short. I think.
Be fair, they go as far afield as Hampshire and West Sussex.

Amazed that some of the companies they have attracted haven’t questioned their ability to deliver on what they are saying.

I'm not certain of the exact requirements, but I believe charities have to product a regular report for the Charities Commission to demonstrate how they have delivered against their core goals and if they're not deemed to be doing sufficiently well they can lose their charitable status.

Whether anyone actually reads the reports of course, especially given the current financial situation, is a different matter.

James

Latest posts

Back