Hi all from Nordicul

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nordicul

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All
Found myself here as after googling Bee keeping questions this forum kept popping up. So this must be a good place to be.😄

Re me I'm in my 70's tried my hand at this wonderful art twenty years ago but failed to get my girls through the Winter.😥
Today I'm hopefully wiser and have more time to give them and I'm determined to get them through this next Winter.

I have two hives, both from over wintered nucs, got just over a month ago and have them settled into my garden, not quite in the best location , but I have another Queen who must be considered.

I have been preparing in every way possible for these girls , books,videos, forums associations, bee keeping course and even have a mentor....So what can go wrong ?😄

I'm primarily interested in them from a natural history point of view not honey.
My primary focus is now on building up each colony giving them every chance to prosper and grow.

I'm also interested in photographing my girls, I have my eye on them constantly with a security camera and just love watching their comings and goings. I also have some magnifying lenses and an Infra red attachment for my phone and look forward to getting some interesting pics.

I've been rechristened by the girls with a couple of stings just to remind me not to take liberties.

I look forward to being in this forum for the wealth of experience it holds.

Thanks Guys and Gals
Nordicul

I'm also interested in photographing my girls, I have my eye on them constantly with a security camera and just love watching their comings and goings. I also have some magnifying lenses and an Infra red attachment for my phone and look forward to getting some interesting pics.

Welcome to the madhouse. You sound like an addict...you'll fit right in! ;-)

Back