Hello from a new member

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi, I'm Paul, thank you for adding me.
I'm a compete newbie to beekeeping. I have just completed a beekeeping course and I am hoping to start looking after an elderly neighbours colony in the next few weeks.
I'm from the Midlands in Ireland.
I'm looking forward to gleaming whatever bit of help and advice from you experienced people on this forum.

Welcome, always plenty of people around to offer help and advice ... some of it conflicting, but at least it gives you choices to think about and then go your own way Making decisions is what beekeeping is about most of the time so best get used to it. The beginners section is the best place for your questions to start with - no matter how trivial you think they are. We are supposed to play nicely in there so you won't get any comments about your questions ... don't be afraid to ask. We all started with little or no knowledge.

Hi, I'm Paul, thank you for adding me.
I'm a compete newbie to beekeeping. I have just completed a beekeeping course and I am hoping to start looking after an elderly neighbours colony in the next few weeks.
I'm from the Midlands in Ireland.
I'm looking forward to gleaming whatever bit of help and advice from you experienced people on this forum.
Enjoy the journey Paul, I'm a newbie too and the info on here is brilliant, with a wealth of knowledge from the more experienced members that will not be bettered anywhere on the net .I'm visiting our association Apiary to gain hands on experience, suggest you do the same it will be invaluable when you actually take over your neighbours hives .
All the best with your journey ,keep us all updated how it goes 👍 😊
John.

Enjoy the journey Paul, I'm a newbie too and the info on here is brilliant, with a wealth of knowledge from the more experienced members that will not be bettered anywhere on the net .I'm visiting our association Apiary to gain hands on experience, suggest you do the same it will be invaluable when you actually take over your neighbours hives .
All the best with your journey ,keep us all updated how it goes 👍 😊
John.
What a lovely post, John
I hope your journey is exciting without being too challenging

What a lovely post, John
I hope your journey is exciting without being too challenging
Thank you Erichalfbee ,its so exciting to get involved with the bees ,every visit to the hive is a new experience, seeing something different to put into the grey matter .It's the same story wishing I had started earlier on my journey ,but it wouldn't have happened due to work and family commitments. But on reaching retirement have now got the time and looking forward to receiving my bees later in the year from my mentor .
John

Back