Hello beginner bee-keeper from Essex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello all,
I'm Graeme 33 I live in Essex, (Wickford) I've had some hands on experience with bee's a few weeks back, I'm keen to learn and have made contact with Essex bee keeping association. I'm going along this Friday to meet some people and hopefully I'll soak up some of their experience.

Hello all,
I'm Graeme 33 I live in Essex, (Wickford) I've had some hands on experience with bee's a few weeks back, I'm keen to learn and have made contact with Essex bee keeping association. I'm going along this Friday to meet some people and hopefully I'll soak up some of their experience.

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.
Bees are quite complicated wee beasties and 'managing' them requires more knowledge than most beginners tend to appreciate.
First thing though is to make sure that you and bees get on well together ... :)

Hello all,

Welcome to the asylum :) we're all slightly mad and spend our leisure time with thousands of stinging insects. :icon_204-2:

Hello all,

Hi Graeme
As others have said - lots to learn - BKA is the best route - get as much experience with bees as you can - best of luck - enjoy your bees when you get them.

Hello all,

hi matey, good to see another essex beek in the making, see how you get on at that association, and if you feel the help is not upto the mark, get in touch with us at thurrock beekeepers association, quite a few new members last month so you would fit right in, one new member had bees within a week of joining, and a mentor to boot

Good on ya !

Welcome to the addictive work of Bees ! :)

Be prepared once you establish you are truly into it ... to be .... Enthralled !

Ps: as a former Ilford and Redbridge dweller who spent many a day racing a bike ( pushbike ) !! around Leytonstone racing track and training around Epping Forest , I am close to being an Essex lad ( not quite !! ) :D

Back