Hello! RVC Student Looking for Interesting Bee Keeping Animal Husbandry Placements :)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Ullmann

New Bee
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Luke! I'm a first year veterinary student at the Royal Veterinary College looking for anyone open to hosting me for a week of work and teaching. I have tons of animal handling and clinical work experience, but for full transparency, none with bees. So, if you're looking for extra hard working hands and someone to share your knowledge with, I'm your guy!

I have absolutely no problem getting my hands dirty and doing large amount of work as long as I get to be exposed to animals and take in as much knowledge from you. I have had a particular interest in beekeeping, regardless of any clinical aspect, and would be ecstatic to do a week placement at a bee farm or the like. I'm sociable and responsible, and have limitless curiosity for what you can teach me.

If you have interest in me, have any contacts who may be able to help, or any advice in my search, please let me know! Thank you in advance :)

Luke

Attachments

• IMG_2578.jpg.jpg
    IMG_2578.jpg.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
When it comes to doing clinical EMS, book a week with the NBU. Some of my students did last Summer and had a great time.

In terms of AHEMS, whilst most unis have relaxed a lot of the requirements for which species they should be with, I'd strongly recommend that you maximise your contact time with UK farmed domestic species, especially if you're not keen on them. Save the bees for later in the course. If you do a preclinical bee placement, do it shortly after Summer exams would be my recommendation. You'll have the tail end of the swarm season and main flow about to kick off.

Latest posts

Back