Heads Up - Electric Nailer in Lidl

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlievictorbravo

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 - 14x12
They're selling nailers in Lidl for £16.99. There was a great heap of them in the Saltash store so they might be discounted in a week or two. They will staple and nail from 15mm up to 33mm (from memory).

CVB

Attachments

• 20160630_124223.jpg
    20160630_124223.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 67
I have the smaller one which goes up to 15mm. £9.99 when last sold

Highly recommended.

Thanks for the tip.

Been using one of these for a few years.ive never had a problem and still works like the day I bought it after a couple of thousand frames.some people have had a few problems with this nailer but the only problem I've had is when I use part strips of brads put in together as it jams the gun.its fine otherwise using full unbroken strips.

brads

Where do you get brads for this model
m

Screwfix toolstation b@q.
I use tackwise 18g

Thanks have been waiting for this stapler now i have it have to make something
with it

I just got the last one in my local store.... and got 30% off!

I went to get one today but no sign of them.....
Very disappointed
Bought 25kg sugar instead.........

Got one today.

Jeez they are powerful!

If you hold it down hard then it gets the 30mm nail completely flush.

Just realised why i couldnt get one....
I went to aldi !!!!!!
Whooopsie......

The problem I've found with both Aldi and Lidl tools is that they use (probably) German terms to describe things.

My Parkside nailer says to use "Typ 47" nails but they're unheard of in UK hardware stores. After several emails through their supplier, I eventually found out that 18 gauge brad nails are the same as "Typ 47" and if you are careful where you buy them, they are not expensive.

CVB

The problem I've found with both Aldi and Lidl tools is that they use (probably) German terms to describe things.

My Parkside nailer says to use "Typ 47" nails but they're unheard of in UK hardware stores. After several emails through their supplier, I eventually found out that 18 gauge brad nails are the same as "Typ 47" and if you are careful where you buy them, they are not expensive.

CVB

£2.89 per 2000 ebay
http://tinyurl.com/j4ozzvy

Sorry should have said that the nails are by STANLEY . Have used it now and works fine, soo simple.

Thanks for that CVB... Nice little nailer!
Saltash has about 20 in store... but they was hidden under a pile of fancy ladies nickers...
did get some strange looks... as I was sorting through them... ladies nickers that was!!!

Yeghes da

Bought one of these a few years ago stopped using it because the brads or staples kept sticking and had to dismantle the front to clear the problem.Has anyone else apart from Protheroe found this problem and found a solution?

I bought one last week and 5000 20mm brads from screwfix for £3.99, armed and dangerous I gave it a go and I must say I was very impressed with the speed and accuracy without a blank or nail not hitting home and to be honest probably one of the best power tools I have ever bought.

Also bought one in the last week together with some brads off of ebay very useful. Wish I'd got it a month ago when I made up a 100 frames for the heather

Latest posts

Back