Greenhouse growing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all

I have a 11x8 greenhouse which is sitting on top of concrete hard standing. Since moving in it's mostly been used for growing tomatoes and chillis, which I've done in a mix of growbags and gravel boxes. I've also used some of those greenhouse planter bags that some of the plant companies sell for growing salads in (this sort of thing). This year I was thinking about buying a few more and doing all my growing in those (I use bottomless pots for the growbags and thought they'd do just as well in the planter bags), but then I started wondering about doing something different. I thought about build three beds instead, with a brickwork wall and some sort of lining and then piling soil in. However my concern is that it'd make changing the soil quite difficult (at the moment after a growing season the soil from the greenhouse goes out to various beds etc) and I'd end up with soil sickness. Particularly as I do mainly grow the same crops each year in it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Or cheap places to buy those gro-bags?! :)

Thanks

Norman

I use old compost bags filled half way for growing potatoes and tomatoes and anything else: cheap and easy to move..edit and water.

Latest posts

Back