Fruit trees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Fruit trees in A L D I next thursday for anyone interested £3.99 each. Think I will get a few.

Fruit trees in A L D I next thursday for anyone interested £3.99 each. Think I will get a few.

Thanks for that ... I've got three apple trees, a pear, a morello cherry and a greengage ... all came from Aldi over the last three years and all doing very well... nothing wrong with their trees ... best not tell anyone though - keep it our secret. Similar trees in garden centres ... £15+

They are bare rooted so need to go in with a good bag of compost around the roots and a stake to keep them up nice and straight - shouldn't need a lot of water with the weather as it is !!

I brought some couple of years ago , very good croppers lost plum this year , soak roots in bucket of water for about six hours before planting , have replaced plum so wont get much fruit this year , don't forget to take first crop of fruit the first year , helps tree to get fully established

I'll second that. Our Aldi trees spent their first year after purchase in pots as we moved here to wales. They have romped away now. Very good value.

the ones I have are about 6-8 foot tall , not the patio type but for price not bad

hi pete self pollinating buy two one for you and one for the birds if your quick enough

hi pete self pollinating buy two one for you and one for the birds if your quick enough

Sooooo true ! I've got a huge cherry tree in the garden always has loads of fruit, it's much too tall to net, the birds (pigeons especially !) get to the cherries about two days before they are ripe enough to pick, never eaten one in 30 years of living here ... Must be self pollinating as last year the blossom was only there for about a day before the wind removed the lot ! Still a huge crop of cherries ... unlike the apples, pears and plums which were virtually zilch !

Thanks for the tip, just went and filled my boot, brilliant value
E

me too .......

off to take a quick look

Thought it was for promotion tomorrow not Wednesday?
Cazza

I'm a little confused,again!
The Aldi website says the offer is for Thurs.
Before we do a 60 mile round trip to the nearest store could anyone please confirm that they are available today.
Aldi's website doesn't have a contact us section as far as I can see and there are no phone nos. listed for the stores.

Tim

Tim, Yes they are in at Chorley store (Lancs)

Rather than edit the previous post.
Thanks Hedgehog66.
I've since found the phone no. of Aldi and the store managers can put offers out early and the very efficient lady on the phone checked with our local store to confirm the situation.
We don't use Aldi as a rule because of the distance but I can't fault the customer service

Rather than edit the previous post.
Thanks Hedgehog66.
I've since found the phone no. of Aldi and the store managers can put offers out early and the very efficient lady on the phone checked with our local store to confirm the situation.
We don't use Aldi as a rule because of the distance but I can't fault the customer service

Bugger it ... I hope there's still some Victoria Plums left in my local Aldi ... I missed out last year as they went so quick .. thought they were supposed to hold stock off sale until the promotion starts ... Will look in on my way home from work ..:hairpull:

Loads in Leominster, I didn't realise it was Thursday but saw they were there when I walked past . Really good trees too.
Hope you all got what you wanted!
E

We got the passports out and went to Exeter Aldi.
The trees look good value and there were loads there.
Thanks Veg for starting this thread.
We combined it with a trip to B&Q to use our wrinklies discount card to help justify the fuel.

Tim.

I just picked up six from an Aldi in Exeter. There were three pallets full - pretty good looking trees.

Latest posts

Back