For The Black Bee Brigade

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, there has been increased interest in native bees :) From general public to new beekeepers, quite a lot of interest and all positive.

Did you miss the native Amm's on T.V?

One has to wonder the intention of this thread, unfortunately.

The ‘intention’ of the thread as you put it was to inform the people who may be interested and no other!
If you want to provoke an argument or troll, may I suggest you do it elsewhere?
S

You can get into Cornwall for free.... dualled all the way to Truro... and they are going to build a new link road to St Austell to get the grokkels into Eden quicker and without using the nasty tight twisty unlit roads thereabouts!
Unfortunately getting back to England over the Tamar costs £1.50 if you use the Torpoint Ferry or Saltash / Parkway bridge... the other 5 ( ? 8) bridges over the Tamar are free!

Probably would not be much of interest for those who know all there is to know about about bees already?

Nos da

Spoken like a good Devonian, we don’t have ‘grokkels’ but do have emmets visiting Cornwall!
Getting back into England is very simple now the A30 has been duelled for anyone interested in attending. Eden is easily accessed from the A30, even before the new road to St Austell is built.
Hope it’s a good event, well attended and wish them well
S

Spoken like a good Devonian, we don’t have ‘grokkels’ but do have emmets visiting Cornwall!
Getting back into England is very simple now the A30 has been duelled for anyone interested in attending. Eden is easily accessed from the A30, even before the new road to St Austell is built.
Hope it’s a good event, well attended and wish them well
S

Please excuse me ... SWMBO is a Janner!

I have feet firmly planted on both banks of the
GreatgreygreengreaseymightyTamarriverallsetaboutwithemptyunaffordablesecondhomes

Catfish in the Tamar?
Nos da

I must have. I have a short attention span for propaganda.
The "general public" will believe almost anything. How else would BREXIT have got through? New beekeepers are often impressionable too.

Poor B+, you really have it bad don't you. :)

:nono:

Don't go and upset him... I thought he was coming around to the realisation that Amm can be productive and even well behaved nice bees to keep!!

LIKE MINE ARE !!!

Yeghes da

I spend my days dealing with developers who are often real arseholes, so I am certainly not upset by pathetic comments or attempts to provoke.

As I have said on many many occasions I don’t care if a bee is black, blue or sky green it has to be reasonably gentle and produce the goods.
Although like many I started keeping bees as a hobby, they now have to as far as possible pay their way.
AMM's I have known (sounds like a love story) have been very poor honey gatherers and did not have a good temperament. They certainly never reached the honey crop I can get from the bees I keep now.
It took me a long time to find a strain that suits my needs. I will in future keep looking at different strains.
I have no problem if someone wants to keep AMM or indeed promote them, and the reason I started the thread. I do have a problem with the bullying that some find acceptable which frankly seems hysteric and boorish
S

I have no problem if someone wants to keep AMM or indeed promote them,

I'm a firm believer that "What goes around, comes around." and you should only dish out what you can take.....so, I respond in kind to the crap that get's thrown my way.

I'm a firm believer that "What goes around, comes around." and you should only dish out what you can take.....so, I respond in kind to the crap that get's thrown my way.

:iagree:Some are not worth bothering with though and ignoring often causes them more grief than a response.
S

Oh please, that really is rich! You didn't respond to anything ...

It looks like more of the same BIBBA b.s. (I mean propaganda). The weather is different on this planet.

What increased interest. BIBBA are like Jehovahs Witnesses. Everyone looks the other way and hopes they wont be stopped

No crap thrown your way just two unprovoked outbursts by yourself.

Stiffy,
It's easy to pass off a sarcy comment as a joke but had you thought for a second what kind of replies that comment was going to encourage (which it did) perhaps you would not have made it. Having seen this thread go the usual way, yes I questioned why you chose to add that remark.

Sorry for putting my newbie nose in (although apparently I'm a house bee now..yay)!!!

But I have sensed a slight tension between black beekeepers and other beekeepers..

Now knowing nothing other thanight mine are 'dark'...and most beekeepers in the area are also 'dark'...

whats the beef??

Obviously there is an intelligent debate on both sides..
I haven't seen any evidence of you all being a bunch of football hooligans?

Simple but factual answers on a postcard would be genuinely appreciated...

Take a look at any Amm thread and you will probably understand. It's impossible to mention them without a constant barrage of ridicule and contempt and more often than not, from the same people.
Enjoy your bees.

Take a look at any Amm thread and you will probably understand. It's impossible to mention them without a constant barrage of ridicule and contempt and more often than not, from the same people.
Enjoy your bees.

I must say that I did notice there was a link to irish bees and gaelic regions....

Having always been the brunt of the Irish joke I have a typically thick irish skin...even if find them funny...certainly ni at the moment is testimony to our backwardness..

I love my dark bees but then again they are all I know ..

I accept the fact that honey is like gold dust round here...although there are some who produce well..

However honey wasn't my sole reason for keeping bees...

On a lighter note. ..wonder how the bees will cope with the potential irish UK border???!!

Oh and BTW. ..I really would appreciate if someone could tell me what type of bees they think I have...just from the point of view that I am just curious..

I am pretty certain however that they are not Buckfast!!!
Although having very fond memories of childhood in the south of England they probably would be my choice for the romance and climate!

Latest posts

Back