Enforced break coming up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back in my own home now, no longer the owner of a prostate gland and having cleared an unfortunate upper respiratory tract infection that gatecrashed the party.
Tired but happy as I roam the halls with my trusty catheter bag strapped to my leg :) :) :)

Welcome back G.J.

Take things easy for a day or so,(fat chance).

I'm in line for a CT Cardio scan early next month and we are getting used to the inside of our local hospital, (GP says go to A & E soonest), under the new forum regime,(***t), sorry Admin. Waste of 6 hours and sent home. BUT I guess the average age on here is fairly high SO if you get issues / symptoms, get them checked out, you've paid your N.I. for decades so let's make the youngsters pay for us at last.

Welcome back G.J.

Take things easy for a day or so,(fat chance).

I'm in line for a CT Cardio scan early next month and we are getting used to the inside of our local hospital, (GP says go to A & E soonest), under the new forum regime,(***t), sorry Admin. Waste of 6 hours and sent home. BUT I guess the average age on here is fairly high SO if you get issues / symptoms, get them checked out, you've paid your N.I. for decades so let's make the youngsters pay for us at last.
I don't normally bite but that hit a nerve, the older folk had it a bit easier than we do today as far as making money goes, the coal industry has gone the steel industry has gone to say a few, wages have gone down and the government have basically shafted the working man and now we have to pay for all these immigrants.
I'm mid 40's and worked all my life not in a warm office in the middle of winter, in the uk folk could make a lot more money 40/50 yrs ago than what we can today..a lot of older folk 60's i know are making less today than they did 40+years ago.. so pay for your own ailments owld git.

Last edited:
I don't normally bite but that hit a nerve, the older folk had it a bit easier than we do today as far as making money goes, the coal industry has gone the steel industry has gone to say a few, wages have gone down and the government have basically shafted the working man and now we have to pay for all these immigrants.
I'm mid 40's and worked all my life not in a warm office in the middle of winter, in the uk folk could make a lot more money 40/50 yrs ago than what we can today..a lot of older folk 60's i know are making less today than they did 40+years ago.. so pay for your own ailments owld git.

Many of us on this forum will take exception to the above remark.

I am in my late 60s and have worked all my life and have never received subs from the state until I received my OAP. I am still working admittedly only part time. I pay tax on my pension and on the work I do.

People in general are better off now than they were in the 1960s, just look at the number of car owners there were now compared with 1960s. I had to ride a bicycle 10 miles to work in all winds and weather, how many people do that these days?

The state has made it too easy to claim benefits instead of working. Many British workers are not prepared to work on the land any more. If it was not for Eastern Europeans we would not have a horticultural industry.

Us oldies are entitled to FREE Health care as we have paid for it with our taxes and National insurance Contributions over the past 50 yrs.

End of rant

Mike

Many of us on this forum will take exception to the above remark.

I am in my late 60s and have worked all my life and have never received subs from the state until I received my OAP. I am still working admittedly only part time. I pay tax on my pension and on the work I do.

People in general are better off now than they were in the 1960s, just look at the number of car owners there were now compared with 1960s. I had to ride a bicycle 10 miles to work in all winds and weather, how many people do that these days?

The state has made it too easy to claim benefits instead of working. Many British workers are not prepared to work on the land any more. If it was not for Eastern Europeans we would not have a horticultural industry.

Us oldies are entitled to FREE Health care as we have paid for it with our taxes and National insurance Contributions over the past 50 yrs.

End of rant

Mike
;)

I don't doubt that, my Dad died on my 14th birthday at 42yrs old i have gone past that age so i have finally beat the old guy at something, my fear of doctors/dentists and hospitals will also no doubt reduce my life span.

This doesn't stop your baiting of others though does it lol

This doesn't stop your baiting of others though does it lol

I don't know what you are getting at or aiming at but i don't intentionally bait anyone unless they take the piss out of me or anyone who i like, i can go do all that rubbish on a Hunting forum which i don't like, i'm on here to learn about bee keeping not how i can win a argument with a special person.:thanks:

Back