Desensitisation treatment...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adenbrooks in Cambridge offer it. If you pump it into google it will take you to the site,

Thanks ITLD.

Google brings up several pages of sites around the country but does not say whether they are NHS funded or not. The question I am trying to answer is how widespread is free treatment for venom desensitization.

... The question I am trying to answer is how widespread is free treatment for venom desensitization.

No question, it is available on the NHS.

Whether or not any specific unit does it, or whether or not you can get referred are very different questions.
Postcode lottery? Rationing by funding? "Bit political" - as Ben Elton used to say ...

I have just been referred to begin treatment in the Lincoln area, following an allergic reaction as posted earlier. I believe it is NHS funded nationwide where it is available.

Thanks ITLD.

Google brings up several pages of sites around the country but does not say whether they are NHS funded or not. The question I am trying to answer is how widespread is free treatment for venom desensitization.

Just to make the point raised earlier by another poster about postcode lotteries.

One of the bee inspectors took an allergic reaction but no prog in the Inverness area. His health authority sent him to Dundee for the treatment.

A beekeeper from Edinburgh has found it hard to get treatment, as there is no prog there, but HER local health authority do not want to fund a treatment from another area, so are being really awkward about her going to Dundee for it.

So Inverness funds, Edinburgh trying to decline. Shame for the beekeeper really, the Dundee programme, at Ninewells hospital, a University teaching hospital, is a major national leader in the subject.

I believe it is in Sth Gloucs

The question I am trying to answer is how widespread is free treatment for venom desensitization.

Just re-read your question which originally was “is it currently founded by the NHS”

That’s different from your second question.

private treatments are avalible from hedgerowpete industries inc.

I can offer to all beeks wanting this sort of treatment for the meer cost of £3,000 we will under the strickest scintific controls remove all your clothes cover you in sugar syrup and allow to run around the bee shed front garden in the noddy infront of three massive hives,

I can offer to all beeks wanting this sort of treatment for the meer cost of £3,000 we will under the strickest scintific controls remove all your clothes cover you in sugar syrup and allow to run around the bee shed front garden in the noddy infront of three massive hives,

I dunno about the treatment; depending on the talents of the beek involved I might pay a fair bit to watch, though :D

Kinky Pete!

Just re-read your question which originally was “is it currently founded by the NHS”

That’s different from your second question.

The original was: "Is this NHS funded at the current time?"

The second: "How widespread is free treatment for venom desensitization".

How different is different? :)

Hope I'm not offered this programme when I phone the doc tomorrow. Fair play re the streaking thing but it is a bit nippy this year!

I looked on different NHS sites but no where can I find were it just plainly states which Trusts do the treatment which is not good. It does look like there are a fare few that do. None here in Norfolk so my closest would be Cambridge. With new rules coming in so patients can choose where to have their treatment, I think it will become harder for a health authority to deny out of area funding. Anyway got bored of looking.

Back