Delivering Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 & 6 Nucs
I have been asked by so may prospective customers about offering a delivery service for my honey. Is there anyone here who posts honey? I have found a suitable double walled box, but was wondering what others do.

I have been asked by so may prospective customers about offering a delivery service for my honey. Is there anyone here who posts honey? I have found a suitable double walled box, but was wondering what others do.
I send honey to a number of customers around the UK ... to be honest I use a courier ... a dozen 12oz jars in a double box works out at about £7 total carriage so it does not add much per jar.

Unfortunately, to send one jar by any means works out at about £3.50 so it really knocks the price up. Once I explain most of my 'distance' customers usually buy 4 or 6 jars to make it cost effective with the carriage.

I pack the jars with bubble wrap above, below and in between the jars. The inner box has about an inch of space between it and the outer box and I fill that with recycled crushed paper (thank you Paynes !) and seal both boxes well with heavy duty tape.

Never had any sort of breakage or spillage. Lie to the courier about what's in the box as most of them won't accept liquids in glass jars ... I usually declare it as jars of sweets ... Don't bother insuring it as you won't get anything for breakage ... although if it goes missing in transit you could claim for the 'sweets'.

Evri will ship set honey which is what I declare.
I send quite a bit of honey but it goes in 3lb tubs wrapped in a food vacuum bag

Latest posts

Back