Royal jelly in honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tod

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi folks, just asking out of curiosity, I read a post of someone claiming to have royal jelly in there Honey, it's for sale to the public. Went on to check on Google and there's others selling it on line anyone on here doing it?

Hi folks, just asking out of curiosity, I read a post of someone claiming to have royal jelly in there Honey, it's for sale to the public. Went on to check on Google and there's others selling it on line anyone on here doing it?
Not knowingly😁

It is practically unknown in this country but in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe and Asia its very well known and used. Royal jelly has amazing properties but very difficult to preserve. One of the ways to preserve it fairly naturally is in a mix with set/ soft set honey. but you can add no more than 3% of it to the mixture.

I did taste some from a queen cell once. It had an unusual flavour.

Don't fancy it myself but everyone to there own, would it have to be on the label as honey with royal jelly ? Are we allowed to do that in the UK?

Latest posts

Back