• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dark Queen Wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob55

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
In search of a mated queen preferably a dark bee, any idea on where to get one at short notice?

These are from Greece and you don't wnt to be importing into NI. A Galtee queen from Tipparary is 25 euro, but some of the guys in the Belfast association are grafting from galtees at the minute. Pm member "jon" helpful local guy who runs queen rearing group. Google native irish honeybee society for local contacts in NI, Regards, Stephen

These are from Greece and you don't wnt to be importing into NI. A Galtee queen from Tipparary is 25 euro, but some of the guys in the Belfast association are grafting from galtees at the minute. Pm member "jon" helpful local guy who runs queen rearing group. Google native irish honeybee society for local contacts in NI, Regards, Stephen

I searched the galtee website earlier and couldn't find any contact info, can you get me a number or email? Will give jon a pm now, cheers

Do you know where the Meliffera Meliffera come from?

Do you know where the Meliffera Meliffera come from?

If they are coming from Batsis, the breeding stock which they're now using was sourced from France originally (direct communication with Batsis: April 2012) although I've also read internet rumours that they'd bought queens from Galtee at one point...

I inserted a test frame of eggs last night just to be totally sure I am queenless. Am I right in saying I should know by Friday if they are going to raise a queen cell from the frame?

And if they do not raise a queen cell, do I have a failed/unmated queen in the hive which I will need to dispose of before introducing a mated queen?

And if they do not raise a queen cell, do I have a failed/unmated queen in the hive which I will need to dispose of before introducing a mated queen?

If they raise a QC then they are definitely queenless. if they do not raise a QC, they may, or may not have a queen in there :)

Just had an email freom "The BeeMan" saying he has mated queens in stock again. Google for and order on line or phone him.

Texted him there, all sold out :(

Latest posts

Back