Court case abpout OTC

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know how to set up a crowdfunding appeal to help ITLD - £2500 is a big hit for a small privately-owned firm.

CVB

CVB....My daughter crowd funds all the time to survive her pauper performer existence. I will be seeing her on Saturday so if you haven't done anything by then I will find out from her.

Legal fees now too.......

PS....if you can crowd fund blown over boxes i'm sure you can crowd fund such an injustice

Last edited:
So, my Question is, is there something in place now so that if this happens again there's No delay, which was the problem in the first place?

CVB....My daughter crowd funds all the time to survive her pauper performer existence. I will be seeing her on Saturday so if you haven't done anything by then I will find out from her.

Legal fees now too.......

PS....if you can crowd fund blown over boxes i'm sure you can crowd fund such an injustice

Usually with crowdfunding there is an incentive or gift to the person donating money, like a jar of honey or a discount or (tongue in cheek) a packet of unused oxytetracycline..... I'll get my coat.
I'll bet ITTLD is just pleased it's all over and the case was heard out of bee season.
It's also good he has taken the time and trouble to let other keepers know exactly what happened. Many wouldn't have bothered to stick their heads above that particular parapet.
So good luck....and I'll settle for a jar of Scottish heather honey, I already have stocks of everything else ;)

Wow....there are some nice compassionate and fair minded people out there.........attracting this kind of people's attention is one of the reasons I turned down the crowdfunding offer (even though very moved by it). Can you imagine the kind of nasty flack those trying to be SO kind would have from these bitter people.

Got a string of twitter posts forwarded to me this morning from a few people and apparently this stuff is dominant on BBKA site (where I have never gone) and the Irish group (that I left years ago once the small cell loonies moved in).

quote.
Hopefully he has been banned from keeping bees for good. Will Queen pay his fine I wonder?

Nice.

My reply to the thread?

'Some people need to read Confucius. Before attacking someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. Forwarded stuff from BBKA site appalling.'

and to the individual who wrote that

'You MIGHT like to read the facts about this...though I doubt it. Press release is on Beekeepers Forum. Press OTT.'

Stressful for you, reading all the content you took a route to minimise losses and damage, fully understandable. Who wouldn't given the work and time it takes to build up stocks etc.

You used ultimately an approved medicine. That when all is said and done should have been the deciding factor re the outcome.

Very Best Wishes to you Murray for the future .

Got a string of twitter posts forwarded to me this morning from a few people and apparently this stuff is dominant on BBKA site (where I have never gone) and the Irish group (that I left years ago once the small cell loonies moved in).

That would the BBKA facebook farce of a forum rather than the more sedate and cultured BBKA Official forum as there has not been a single derogatory post on the Official forum about yourself or the case.

That would the BBKA facebook farce of a forum rather than the more sedate and cultured BBKA Official forum as there has not been a single derogatory post on the Official forum about yourself or the case.

I have to say that almost everyone I have encountered has been just great! I have SUCH a lot of unexpected support from all over and now its not an active case I can help others be ready for when the wolves select them for a visit. I now have a talk to give in the next couple of weeks about just that.

Note that I do NOT advocate law breaking...but when stuck between a rock and a hard place will always choose the bees welfare first. I look after them...and they look after me.

I have to say that almost everyone I have encountered has been just great! I have SUCH a lot of unexpected support from all over and now its not an active case I can help others be ready for when the wolves select them for a visit. I now have a talk to give in the next couple of weeks about just that.

Note that I do NOT advocate law breaking...but when stuck between a rock and a hard place will always choose the bees welfare first. I look after them...and they look after me.

You deserve all the support you get. I haven't had a chance to contact you as yet. Generally I find beekeepers in your position keep their success stories to themselves and let others make the costly mistakes you made years ago. You on the other hand are always commenting with detailed answers, helping and little pm's if you think people might not agree. You have been a great help to me, always right on with your advice. I'm pleased you have this all behind you.

So the BBKA facebook page that isn't a forum or the BBKA forum that no one posts on due to it's over moderation. No one posts anything there so no surprise it wasn't mentioned. It's more of a chat for moderators than a forum.

The topics on the facebook page of the bbka were short lived as so many condemned the the attitude of the sabre rattlers.

Good luck to you with the costs and I hope this over inflated BS goes away quickly and doesn't have any lasting effect on your name. Your contribution to beekeeping is appreciated by many.

All of us do things that aren't 100% legal and think little of it.

Murray,
Thanks for updating folk on the case. I haven't been keeping tabs on this forum for a few weeks but was told at the weekend that you had posted a statement. Thank you for taking the time to do this and I can only hope that when you get the bill of costs, it doesn't require an excessively long sit down to recover.

Murray,
Thanks for updating folk on the case. I haven't been keeping tabs on this forum for a few weeks but was told at the weekend that you had posted a statement. Thank you for taking the time to do this and I can only hope that when you get the bill of costs, it doesn't require an excessively long sit down to recover.

I got a very nice letter from my lawyer enclosing his fee note. Seems he enjoyed the case and learned a lot from it.

However I had done a rough calculation in my head based on the table of rates sent to me at the outset that I had to approve, and I was already at over 5K.

In his letter he cited various reasons for his fee note being as it was, ongoing business relationship, enjoyment of the case, and several more things and said he had restricted his fees to reflect all the foregoing. He charged me £1860 plus VAT....good news story about a lawyer for a change....by his rates it should have been at least three times that. I paid him the same day.

Send him some honey : )

Well I'm glad that's all behind you now and you can look forward to the future.
you deserve a medal for the hours of beekeeping information you provide us each year and I think I can safely say that for everyone here.

you deserve a medal for the hours of beekeeping information you provide us each year and I think I can safely say that for everyone here.

He gets cited at least twice in the presentations I give to beekeepers :)

Agreed !!

:thanks:

:iagree:
Glad it is all over, bees come first. Your knowledge is worth its weight in gold.

Back