Container for extracting honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I was just wondering where you all extracted your honey?

I have just been and bought a 24x9 container that has been lined out so I can get some space.

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything I should fit it out with other than the usual extractor sinks heaters etc?

I have some time until next year to make some alterations.

I can't find it but someone on here did the same about 12 months ago and posted details and pics.

I was just wondering where you all extracted your honey?

I have just been and bought a 24x9 container that has been lined out so I can get some space.

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything I should fit it out with other than the usual extractor sinks heaters etc?

I have some time until next year to make some alterations.

Why would you need a container with only six hives to exstact the honey are you looking to go commercial next year? was it cheaper than a shed, sorry I don't get it

Foregot to ask where are you going to put it
I would not like one in my garden even though it's more than bid enough to accommate one

I have 8 hives just didn't update my details. And no not commercial but would be awesome to have a decent space with room to work rather then a 8x4 shed.

And yes it's a shipping container, I have a quarry where I work to keep it in so plenty of space.

Food quality insulation boards. Steel, then insulation then a washable food grade inner surface. Expensive but well worth it.

I will see if I still have a pic of my old honey house.

PH

That would be good to see a picture of it PH, I did wonder what I should do with the inner surface around the kitchen area. At the moment it's pretty simple bit of worktop and a sink.

do what Dexter does - plastic sheeting over every surface. Then you just need to work out how to dispose of the body parts!!!!

That sound great.
You sound a bit like me mate. Only a fgew hives but just like accumilation gear to experiment. if thats your bag great.
Lined out with ply and then painted with food grade paint would be good.

You could always invite other local beeks to use it ot rent it.

Phill

It's already fully lined and insulated with a 80/20 split. 5 Secure windows and a secure door.

It would be handy for other people to extract In. I had problems doing 5 supers at home just not enough space and the wife said I couldn't screw the extractor to the kitchen floor.

and the wife said I couldn't screw the extractor to the kitchen floor.
Why screw the extractor to the floor, if you stand it on castors it is much more steady and doesn not move around so much.
Ruary

why not try glasonite boards as used on commercial vehicle bodys, which is 18mm ply covered each side with fibreglass. it is used to line refrigerated and other food carrying vehicles. You can buy it for next to nothing from HGV dismantlers

I want one or two the only thing is they are bigger than my garden

Nice thread exactly what I had been looking for, I will post some pictures as it should be arriving tomorrow.

do what Dexter does - plastic sheeting over every surface. Then you just need to work out how to dispose of the body parts!!!!

dont remind me of such things, i used the same Pub "the Royal Oak" in Muswell hill as the mass murderer Dennis nilson, even looked at the land for beehives behind his house cranley gardens....the drains around there still block or is it bloke :eek:

Last edited:
A quick update incase anyone is interested. I have the container sat in place.

The roof has been sandblasted and painted with bitumen and will need a white top coat to stop it getting very hot.

And the sides are part way through paint.

Back