Candy / Fondant Change

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mothman

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

When are the bees least likely to be in the fondant at the top of the hive? I have mine over the feed hole in the CB and have noted it has nearly all gone - thus I need to change it but preferably when I will disturb as few bees as possible.

TIA

Either when it has all been eaten or when the bees are tightly clustered - when it's very cold. You should be able to replace it in just a few seconds so causing minimum disruption to the colony.

If your fondant is in takeaway containers, it's easier to slide the old one sideways and place the new one over half the hole so that bees have access to both. Then remove the old one when it's empty.
Cazza

If your fondant is in takeaway containers, it's easier to slide the old one sideways and place the new one over half the hole so that bees have access to both. Then remove the old one when it's empty.
Cazza

:iagree:

Or use the second hole if you have one! But have patience, they will leave it lone when it is all gone,

Back