Candles

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybee53

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
none now
Just received new Thrones TS candle moulds. More complex designs than the TS moulds I already have these ones have a split side and come with an elastic band.

The band is presumably to hold the mould together while the wax sets and the split is to get the candle out without breaking bits off.

Has anyone used these? Apart from using releasing spray do you have any tips for me?

Just received new Thrones TS candle moulds. More complex designs than the TS moulds I already have these ones have a split side and come with an elastic band.

The band is presumably to hold the mould together while the wax sets and the split is to get the candle out without breaking bits off.

Has anyone used these? Apart from using releasing spray do you have any tips for me?

Can't comment on the Thorne moulds as such, but we do have a lot of the Hobby Kreation moulds which have the same split side. When replacing the bands it pays to make sure you use the right size because even slightly too tight is likely to leave band marks on the finished candle. Don't need any release agent on the HK silicone moulds.

I have 3 or 4 of these and find they work really well. Just make sure that the join is properly lined up otherwise you will have a visible line on your candle. I've never used realising spray on them, I find they turn out just fine.

Thanks for the replies and advice. Did view the video of a normal TS mould in use but did not see one with the split. Perhaps I didn't look too well. Not to worry. First 2 replies already gave me useful tips which is what I asked for.

Latest posts

Back