Buckfast Tonic

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morally they should cease production as probably 90% of Buckfast 'tonic' wine is not sold for health reasons but for impact but hey, there's a massive profit to be made so they ain't going to stop are they?
When patrolling the East coast of Scotland we regularly used the commercial tidal berths at Rosyth; the first time we joined there, being the norm for us to save hassle we would get fish suppers for the crew - not knowing the area a colleague and I drove around looking for a chippie and eventually found one in a seedier area of the town (if you could get much seedier in those days) there was an off licence attached and the only things on the shelves was 'White lighting' cider (the just about capable of thinking man's methylated spirits) and Buckfast.
I'm sorry but when it is sold as an alternative to apple flavoured battery acid regardless of the fact that the good abbot claims it is produced as a 'tonic' he is selling it as a weapon of mass destruction.
I'm sure the producers of Zyklon B claimed to the end they were only making it as a pesticide!

WOW! Godwin's law in three posts - is that a record?

If there is a riot do we blame the brick maker's?

If there is a riot do we blame the petrochemical industry for the petrol bombs?

THEY pay for a youth worker - and help the entire Buckfast area...Where thousands of bottles of wine is bought and drunk - PROPERLY...

When do we stop blaming the manufacturer and place the blame at the door of those who misuse? Or is this no longer allowed?

Latest posts

Back