Bramble flower colours

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
Can somebody tell me some bramble flowers are white and others a pinkish colour, the pink ones seem to come slightly later in the season???

Darren

I read somewhere that there are hundreds of micro species of Bramble in the country. I suppose that might go some way into explaining why the berries vary so much in taste.

I read somewhere that there are hundreds of micro species of Bramble in the country. I suppose that might go some way into explaining why the berries vary so much in taste.

And size , almost all mine are pink this year. I'm sure they're not usually.

There are hundreds of different varieties, literally, they also propagate by tip layering so grow through each other, so maybe different plants, though as you say could well be same plant.

Great to see the Bees on them and a bit of a flow on at the moment :)

I know night time temp differential has a big impact on scent and colours in the flowering phase of many plants.
Only about half are open here, with the rest imminent. That gives me another 10 days before things start to quiet down around here. So in 10days some of the girls are off to the heather for a month. Then back home for the start of the Ivy and thinking about bed.
Damn ! It's nearly over again.

Latest posts

Back