Bloody fireworks

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love fireworks and I look forwards to choreographing our display every year, although that being said we do go to my grans house to do them and that's some middle of nowhere countryside

On the other hand 90% of dogs are a nuisance. Well behaved dogs are becoming scarce.

Utter garbage. The more I learn about people, the more I love my dogs. The only problem, believe it or not, is the two legged kind. The world would do so much better without mankind.

I love fireworks and I look forwards to choreographing our display every year, although that being said we do go to my grans house to do them and that's some middle of nowhere countryside

Where lots of middle of nowhere wildlife gets badly traumatised?

Utter garbage. The more I learn about people, the more I love my dogs. The only problem, believe it or not, is the two legged kind. The world would do so much better without mankind.

on my daily walks the number of dogs that attempt to jump up at people and start barking at other dogs and people are the majority. Then there are those that are actively aggressive. The few that are well behaved I compliment their owners. Dog can be well behaved and excellent pets but in the wrong hands they can be out of control nuisances and a danger to others. I have had from the age of 4 the scars on my face to prove the latter. My grandfather bred rough haired collies and I grew up with one taking it to shows.
Unfortunately the majority appear to be the 'the wrong hands '

Last edited:
On the other hand 90% of dogs are a nuisance. Well behaved dogs are becoming scarce.

Agree with derekm, up to a point, on this one. It is more likely that the dog owners are the nuisance. Whether the number is that high might be debatable but a lack of training at the correct age is the main factor, IMO.

Compare to properly trained guide dogs? A world of difference.

Where lots of middle of nowhere wildlife gets badly traumatised?

From my experience working on public displays, sometimes in country parks. This is not the case.

Let off one initial bang and all the wildlife ducks and hides, it's a thunderstorm right ? Soon as the displays over they're back on the lake, before the audience has left, certainly before we've finished cleanup.

The wildlife is far more traumatised by one stray dog.

Blimey, there are some old threads being resurrected!

My daily walk takes me along dog walker country.
On Monday, whilst walking, an Alsatian - on a lead- nearly pulled the owner off his feet when it made a lunge at me with jaws gaping. Fortunately it missed my leg by inches. (The dog was not muzzled ).
On the same walk, some little terrier spent 5 minutes yapping at me and running up and down the path following me (It does that every time it sees me- tiresome).

If those dogs were humans they would be in jail .

Blimey, there are some old threads being resurrected!

Yes and there's some utter tripe been posted on this resurrected thread, i have had and will have dogs all my life, i prefer them over a lot of people in today's society, there is no such thing as a bad dog it is more of a case that there is a lot of bad dog owners about.

My daily walk takes me along dog walker country.
On Monday, whilst walking, an Alsatian - on a lead- nearly pulled the owner off his feet when it made a lunge at me with jaws gaping. Fortunately it missed my leg by inches. (The dog was not muzzled ).
On the same walk, some little terrier spent 5 minutes yapping at me and running up and down the path following me (It does that every time it sees me- tiresome).

If those dogs were humans they would be in jail .

Prison

Agree with derekm, up to a point, on this one. It is more likely that the dog owners are the nuisance. Whether the number is that high might be debatable but a lack of training at the correct age is the main factor, IMO.

Compare to properly trained guide dogs? A world of difference.

Agreed, unfortunately the dog is often a reflection of the owner. Anyone spotted the simalarity between the dog, the dog owner and the dog owners childrens behaviour?
Then there is just ignorance of things like that owners should consistently assert their, their families and and friends precedence, over their dog.
There needs to a basic competency course dog owners should go on before they get a dog.

Agreed, unfortunately the dog is often a reflection of the owner. Anyone spotted the simalarity between the dog, the dog owner and the dog owners childrens behaviour?

Then there is just ignorance of things like that owners should consistently assert their, their families and and friends precedence, over their dog.

There needs to a basic competency course dog owners should go on before they get a dog.

Same could be said for beekeepers and their bees which are inherently defensive and kill people.
You seem to be spouting double standards to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

double standards? you need expand that further.

You keep dangerous livestock but think people shouldn't keep nuisance pets.
I understand where you are coming from as you were scarred as a child. My wife was bitten on the face by a family dog at 3 years old, when she fell on it but she loves dogs. We have 3. They are all evil nuisances to everyone we meet.
You post a lot of sense on here with scientific proof to back up what you say but what has been said on this post about Dogs resembles trash written in the tabloids.

There are perfectly adequate laws in this country to deal with dangerous dogs and nuisance dogs. But statistics pulled from thin air like the 90% put up by Oliver90Owner is unhelpful and pointless.

What is suggested on here regarding pet dogs and Licencing etc. is the same as Trump and his travel ban.

What is suggested on here regarding pet dogs and Licencing etc. is the same as Trump and his travel ban.

The people wanting dogs to run around seem to be those asking for strict control of Fireworks at the start of the thread! :ohthedrama:

Strange that?

The people wanting dogs to run around seem to be those asking for strict control of Fireworks at the start of the thread! :ohthedrama:

Strange that?

And maybe bees should be caged or kept on a leash to protect people too? They are non native like the dogs after all. I don't think calls to manage nuisance dogs are unreasonable but restrictions on the whole population of dog owners is ludicrous. Did the handgun ban stop people getting shot? Do drug controls stop kids dying of overdoses? More people die on our roads so we should just ban all vehicles whilst we are at it.

The majority of dogs are a nuisance? Get a life.

And maybe bees should be caged or kept on a leash to protect people too? They are non native like the dogs after all. I don't think calls to manage nuisance dogs are unreasonable but restrictions on the whole population of dog owners is ludicrous. Did the handgun ban stop people getting shot? Do drug controls stop kids dying of overdoses? More people die on our roads so we should just ban all vehicles whilst we are at it.

The majority of dogs are a nuisance? Get a life.

I imagine the hand gun ban has prevented 1000s from being shot. Look at the U.K. and Australian statistics vs the USA. More people would die on our roads without the education for learning to drive and the safety laws

You keep dangerous livestock but think people shouldn't keep nuisance pets.
I understand where you are coming from as you were scarred as a child. My wife was bitten on the face by a family dog at 3 years old, when she fell on it but she loves dogs. We have 3. They are all evil nuisances to everyone we meet.
You post a lot of sense on here with scientific proof to back up what you say but what has been said on this post about Dogs resembles trash written in the tabloids.

There are perfectly adequate laws in this country to deal with dangerous dogs and nuisance dogs. But statistics pulled from thin air like the 90% put up by Oliver90Owner is unhelpful and pointless.

I do not understand where he is coming from, i have a scar on my fore head after a Alsatian grabbed me by the head through a gate, i was only around five years old, i have had my finger nail hanging of on another occasion and bitten many times as a youngster from family members dogs,most where my own fault for tormenting them as kids do, i have also been bitten by my own dogs many times when untangling them from barbed wire or breaking fight up, my worst was when a husky tried to attack me 15yrs ago, i took 15 puncture wounds to my right hand and i was in hospital on new years day.
None of those incidents where the dogs fault, it was rather my fault or the owners.

Latest posts

Back