Bloody fireworks

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine the hand gun ban has prevented 1000s from being shot. Look at the U.K. and Australian statistics vs the USA. More people would die on our roads without the education for learning to drive and the safety laws

The majority of gun crime is committed by a minority who don't have licences and the hand gun ban had limited or no effect on this, these crimes tended to be committed with weapons that were illegal pre ban anyway. It did however stop every legitimate sportsperson, and we had Olympic hopefuls, from practicing their sport. Comparing anywhere with the us and blaming the prevalence of gun ownership doesn't stick, Switzerland has nearly 100% of its citizens required to own guns (including full auto rifles liked so much in the states) after their National service and gun crime is very low. Americans just seem to like shooting each other for some reason when they perceive a threat.

The majority of fatal car crashes are caused by a minority and we don't talk of banning cars all we ever do is get cries to lower speed limits and reduce the drink drive limit, neither of which has an impact because we don't have the police on the streets to enforce it anyway.

If your dog bites someone and it is reported the police will seize the dog and in most cases if it is deemed dangerous it will be destroyed. The laws are there. They are used.

So licensed legally owned cars kill people, unlicensed guns kill people, unlicensed cars and licensed guns probably kill people in significant numbers too. Do you really think Licencing and competency tests will change anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aah but I have been on a course (actually 2 of them) on how to handle bees, and I don't take my colonies into public spaces every day unlike dogs. (individual bee stinging risk dissapears into the general risk of being stung by any hymenoptera once you get beyond 15m of the colony)

Google accidental gun incidents. I.E. kids finding a gun in the house. Google gun massacres pre gun ban compared to post. Bans effect an Olympic event? Tragic

The point you are stubbornly missing is statistically all these are due to minorities not the majorities (90%) posted in this thread. Every pet dog is a nuisance just like everyone with access to a firearm is going to commit a massacre. It is bull*#it, tabloid spouted politics.

Legislation and Bans penalise the honest majority without resolving the underlying issue. Republishing biased rubbish with an agenda, flying in the face of common sense and the use of truthful statistics is just plain ignorant. I thought people on here had more intelligence than that.

d I don't take my colonies into public spaces every day unlike dogs

Dogs are under control, bees are kept in hives and do what they do. Cats, however should be neutered, beaten with a stick then buried alive as the useless bird-killing lifeforms they are. Hate the soddin' things.

Dogs are under control, bees are kept in hives and do what they do. Cats, however should be neutered, beaten with a stick then buried alive as the useless bird-killing lifeforms they are. Hate the soddin' things.

Ha ha. Can of worms right there.

Don't forget cats to cat owners are loved just as much as dogs to dog owners.

Back