Blimin' Typical...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremyfro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Beehaus
Number of Hives
Possibly...5 and a bit...depends on the bees.
...isn't it just!
I go away for a weeks holiday...one horse rips the other one's rug to bits
The dogs think the kennels I took them to was worse than Colditz...they cried all the way home! One had to sit on my knee as he couldn't cope with sitting on the back seat strapped in. Now they won't let me out of their sight...and it cost a fortune. They were not at all impressed.
The bees...well they defy description ... One miserly queen has managed to lay a hand sized area of brood....although lots of bees in there...so on the up...hopefully.
Another hive has lost their queen since I checked them before going away...and no ...I didn't squash her. She had laid a couple of small patches of brood before she grew her heavenly wings. No brood to be seen and the bees were rather buzzy...quite unlike former behaviour ...so I took a frame with some brood, eggs and bees from another hive. I sprayed them all with thymolated syrup so I'm hoping they all decide to love eachother.

That will teach you to go away and enjoy yourself! As they say.....Life's a bitch..And then you die! :)

The dogs think the kennels I took them to was worse than Colditz...they cried all the way home! One had to sit on my knee as he couldn't cope with sitting on the back seat strapped in. Now they won't let me out of their sight...and it cost a fortune. They were not at all impressed.

Oh you mean woman.

There is a website... ain't there always.

Borrow My Doggy.

We are on the look out for Whippet lovers as whippets are a bit special in their requirements.... and no I am not going to list them as the server would crash...

LOL

PH

Stop making me feel even worse!
Never again.....the kennels didn't stick to the feeding advice given to them...and the food I provided...hence one of them got an upset tummy. At least neither managed to escape during their internment. Our black Pom thinks he has gone deaf due to having to put up with all the barking and wingeing of his kennel mates....and the blonde one has spent the whole day 'telling' us the awful story of his survival of Colditz. Both dogs are now very clingy...luckily our next holiday will be in the caravan...so relief all round.
The weather forecast is set fair for a few days .....so I'm hoping the bees will get going properly....and that the queenless ones sort themselves out with a new queen.
Apparently....I'm the worst doggy mummy in the world....until they discovered that I had some bones in the freezer for them...ha ha...now I am Super Mummy!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 30
There is a website... ain't there always.

Borrow My Doggy.

We are on the look out for Whippet lovers as whippets are a bit special in their requirements.... and no I am not going to list them as the server would crash...

LOL

PH

Special requirements? We've had a 4yo for a month now, 2 walks a day of 40 minutes or so and she pretty much sleeps the rest of the time!
Great for stopping cats crapping in the garden, I'm a convert :sunning:

Special requirements? We've had a 4yo for a month now, 2 walks a day of 40 minutes or so and she pretty much sleeps the rest of the time!
Great for stopping cats crapping in the garden, I'm a convert :sunning:

My daughters cat comes and sits outside the patio doors when my dogs are inside...drives them wild....nothing they like better than chasing the cat out of the garden. However, when they meet her outside the garden, on a walk...they are very polite to her!

My daughters cat comes and sits outside the patio doors when my dogs are inside...drives them wild....nothing they like better than chasing the cat out of the garden. However, when they meet her outside the garden, on a walk...they are very polite to her!

We used to have a dog that chased cats in the garden. It was very careful not to actually catch one :)

We used to have a dog that chased cats in the garden. It was very careful not to actually catch one :)

Ha ha...I think it is a fun thing....the cat teases...and the dogs chase...as you say they never actually catch her. She is the softest cat too...part rag doll...so she feels boneless when you pick her up. She isn't the least bit frightened of the dogs...she lives with three so knows how to take care of herself.

Kennels near me and constant barking of distressed dogs, convinces me never to use them as they are expensive and often do not do what they say they will. For £25 per day we have a lady known to us and the dogs who not only looks after the dogs but stays in the house, feeds the fish, Guinea pig and keeps the house tidy. Reassuring when holiday time comes around and with two dogs probably cheaper than kennels - I have yet to persuade her to carry out an inspection of the hives in the garden, but working on that!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back