Best Value bee suit?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be a one off but my BB suit bought this year has broken elastic in both ankles and one sleeve, seven year old suit is still fine although showing its age with a few holes and material is now wearing a bit thin.

Might be a one off but my BB suit bought this year has broken elastic in both ankles and one sleeve, seven year old suit is still fine although showing its age with a few holes and material is now wearing a bit thin.

I would send back to them as I am sure they will sort out for you. BB are just up the road from me so easy to pop in. I must pop in soon as I broke a 'toggle' (if that's what its called) off the hood zip and need it sorted for next year. Have a paper clip on it at present, which works but frightened I would lose it and then have to drive with hood up all the way home!
S

Things change and new vendors appear, and also vanish.

I rather like my B B Wear suit.
What do you like?

PH

Love my BB Wear suit and had eight seasons so far. I also have a BB Wear jacket (far too big, but based o the same size as the suit) which I wear for quick trips. Great jacket and both are sage, so don't attract undue attention.

27 year old Sherriff smock still going strong, 1 re-veil later. But I don't need to use it much.....!

Bought a Bee Basic suit years ago still going strong I've changed the veil once and elastic in the cuffs a few times.This year I got a BB wear suit which I now use as my first suit I think it was well worth the money. Only downside I find is that the bottom of the legs doesn't have zippers so my boots come off with the suit.

Sherriff. Have a full suit, and similar for BK+1, plus jacket and a suit for 4 year old beekeeper's apprentice (he'll grow into it!). No complaints. Suit and jacket have been in regular service since 2009, wearing thin and faded but still good protection. Like my old pick-axe repaired at least twice and almost as good as new.

Only downside I find is that the bottom of the legs doesn't have zippers so my boots come off with the suit.
should have gone for the deluxe not the basic then - for twenty odd quid extra it has zips on the legs, more pockets and reinforced knee patches.

should have gone for the deluxe not the basic then - for twenty odd quid extra it has zips on the legs, more pockets and reinforced knee patches.

If I was buying again I would definitely get the more expensive suit, suppose its the price you pay for being a Cardi.(tight)

Latest posts

Back