Best Value bee suit?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Things change and new vendors appear, and also vanish.

I rather like my B B Wear suit.
What do you like?

PH

I prefer the ones that HM recommends, i.e non. Cheap as chips really. Alas some of my downstream queens girls take issue with me when I wear his non suit. But I do enjoy the days when I can inspect a known calm hive with no protection.

Otherwise BB wear for the cooler months and Ozarmor for hot weather! Sure thare are other good manufactures out their. The Abelo/Lyson suits seem very well made and sturdy and about half the price of a BB...but not tried them yet!

Things change and new vendors appear, and also vanish.

I rather like my B B Wear suit.
What do you like?

PH

I like my B J Sherriff suits.... have three.... wear one... one in wash and one in Defender as the essential spare... zips go and have occasionally ripped veil on overhanging branch etc.. but get repair for free if you pay the postage!
I am very hard on suits, seem to be in one almost 24/7 in the season!
( That's when I am not attending the super calm Cornish Amm which as everyone knows do not need a suit or smoke:icon_204-2:)

Yeghes da

I'm needing a couple for this coming season, I have both BB and Sheriff but it gets hot as hell in them when being worn all day. I was going to go for a vent type of suit but seem to be mixed reviews on them I feel?

Best bee suit

I have 3 Sheriff suits no complaints but i have never have the veil repaired free, pay for the postage and get a free repair thats a new one for me.

Ozarmour total mesh suits for the sweaty ones amongst us. ��

BBWear.. Bought one at tradex and is the first suit in 8 years that has lasted a whole season.

apart from the ingrained grubbyness, it has no tears, splits and does not look worse for wear.

it gets a lot of use!

Think I got it the right way round but isn't BB heavier than sheriff ( material ) I'll check tomorrow.

Think I got it the right way round but isn't BB heavier than sheriff ( material ) I'll check tomorrow.

Sherriff seem to do different weights of material depending on model of beesuit, best thing about Sherriff is the quality of the veil material.
Some years ago I had a Fragile Planet suit... it was very fragile!

On the rare very hot summer days I wear a long sleeved police motorcyclists issue sweatshirt beneath the suit... has a wicking effect.

( Police / bee jokes to follow!!)

Mytten da

hot summer days I wear a long sleeved police motorcyclists issue sweatshirt beneath the suit... has a wicking effect.
I dread to think what you look like after wearing it.
Something like this?
original-7451-1402593906-12.jpg

Must say , I like my B.B. wear suits but also have a jacket from Simon the Beekeeper for quick checks which seems good and very cheap
S

Like stiffy I use BB suits. My original is still in good nick after eight years. Also use a Simon jacket for quick look see.
Zips and veils are the vulnerable parts. In store I keep veils out of direct sunlight and hand wash. After a wash all zips get a thin smear of Vaseline, which really keeps them free from snagging

My £35 jacket from ebay still is my only item of bee apparel and works very well(new veil recently and new elastic every three years and some remedial sewing - by me :eek: ) - so very good value.

Why spend £100s when you can spend a lot less and still get function...

My £35 jacket from ebay still is my only item of bee apparel and works very well(new veil recently and new elastic every three years and some remedial sewing - by me :eek: ) - so very good value.

Why spend £100s when you can spend a lot less and still get function...

Same here i bought two cheap jackets from ebay and one is still going strong into the third season, i ruined the other one when a car battery tipped over in the back of the car and poured acid all over the suit but the veil part is ok so i have a spare, the only down side as with all be suits is the sweating during summer so when i am flush again i will be forking out on a ozarmour ventilated jacket.

Like stiffy I use BB suits. My original is still in good nick after eight years. Also use a Simon jacket for quick look see.
Zips and veils are the vulnerable parts. In store I keep veils out of direct sunlight and hand wash. After a wash all zips get a thin smear of Vaseline, which really keeps them free from snagging

You can use beeswax on zips. It is longer lasting and less messy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back