Best Beekeeping Record App - on iphone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
Any recommendations for a good Record keeping App.
I used to be paper and pen but really want to try some good apps.
Been trying BeePlus, but it’s problematic syncing between devises is outing me off.

I Tend to write up just after the Inspections.
Grabbing a few photos along the way is a Bonus

I use Apiary Book on android. Has a lot of options and features. Not perfect but so far it's recorded everything I have needed. Not sure if it's on IOS.

Any recommendations for a good Record keeping App.
I used to be paper and pen but really want to try some good apps.
Been trying BeePlus, but it’s problematic syncing between devises is outing me off.

Why do you need to sync between devices ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

contemporaneously

I love it! We should all try to emulate Leonard Sachs (and Dani) and incorporate such vocabulary in our posts.

contemporaneously

I love it! We should all try to emulate Leonard Sachs (and Dani) and incorporate such vocabulary in our posts.

How sweet.
See how nice the forum has suddenly become?
Quite a few new and returning faces too.

Please note - updated forum guidelines

contemporaneously

How sweet.
See how nice the forum has suddenly become?
Quite a few new and returning faces too.

Understandably some people struggle with the English language for legitimate reasons. Sometimes the individual is learning English as a second or third language, or perhaps has a condition such as dyslexia. With this in mind, we are not requiring perfection, but only a sincere effort.

We all make typos and forget obscure grammatical rules. Even some slang is perfectly fine, provided that it's used when appropriate. Please avoid excessive use of abbreviations, and always finish your sentences with a fullstop and check that the spelling, grammar and punctuation are correct.

We use google sheets, synced between all our tech, three I Pads, 2 I phones, all from a Samsung tab A, the tab A is used in the field for hive records, used the Samsung as a bullet proof case was available.
We can even log time per hive taken, traveling, equipment needed for next visit, stock control, truly has revolutionized the business.

Last edited:
Does it make me a bad person if I just use a brick.

Tanker John, that sounds intriguing, don’t suppose you have a template I could tinker with.
Many thanks

Interesting, BBB - I've never thought of syncing BeePlus to my laptop or PC, and I can see there might be problems. I'll have to look into that!

But other than that, I've been using BeePlus for about a year now, and found it really useful. It took some time to set up and get used to it, but I'm generally happy with it. I do also have a notebook in which I enter inspection dates, which apiary I visited, and some other information like problem colonies or whatever, and I use Excel sheets for final summing up. I also carry a little notebook in my pocket to make notes in case of a flat battery, or if I'm in hurry and it's just too fiddly to use the phone.

Back