Beetradex -anyone going?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there! I'm hoping to buy a suit - do the traders allow you to try them on for size?

Two things.
Many associations have deals for discounts on suits. BB products are excellent and offer 20% off to members. Check!
Secondly, suits need to be loose enough to be not restrictive (especially when kneeling and bending over ...) but equally, they shouldn't be so loose that they get in the way! And that is over a shirt (pullover) & trousers (themselves not tight) - the full under layer (and the two airgaps) are important to the protection. Shorts & t-shirt under a suit isn't ideal ...
If you are in any way an 'unusual' shape or size, you can get a suit made to measure. Again referring to BB, they only charge £10 extra for that service, which is a bit of a bargain.

Decided to go have a nose about some gear. Ill be the youngest looking there. (No offence guys!).

We'll be at Beetradex in the morning.

If you are in any way an 'unusual' shape or size, you can get a suit made to measure. Again referring to BB, they only charge £10 extra for that service, which is a bit of a bargain.

I had a custom BB suit made last week - fantastic service ordered on the weekend, arrived Wednesday I think. I'd recommend.

Owing to a late change of plan (and the courteous understanding of Sweinty on Monday) we will be there.

Shame that apart from MM I won't recognise any of you. Perhaps someone will invent a trendy badge to download by the Spring Convention? HINT. HINT.

Decided to go have a nose about some gear. Ill be the youngest looking there. (No offence guys!).

Offence taken!
Cazza

These damn Aussie's making statements that upset everyone:ban:
I'll be the other young looking one :cheers2:

Badges for the Spring Convention could be interesting......

To be fair I will be easy to spot as I will be accompanied by a thick set chap (thats very polite) who looks like he has been kicked in the face by a horse (even politer), cos he has.

So stop me and say hello, whats the worse that can happen other than getting a slap off of a complete stranger cos you thought his mate had a face like.........

see you all there :spy:

My name badge will be "Madasafish".

I'm organised!
Eeek

I'll be with the person weaing a Celotex suit :) :)

And carrying a large piece of tree!

Last edited:
Pretty sure all concerned will think today was a success. After a slow start trade seemed brisk. One or two interesting bits on show.
A lot of wax exchanging going on, probably a good time of the year to do it.

Easy parking and very relaxed day.

I really enjoyed the day - free parking! Loads of stuff to look at, handle, discuss. They've stolen a march on the BBKA - there was a LOT of money spent today - this could become THE SHOW to go to. I was disappointed with the lack of signage as we approached Stoneleigh - the first direction sign was inside the Stoneleigh complex! But that's a minor matter, easily outweighed by the show.

Much better than Harper Adams.
The trade stands were in warm rooms instead of oily, draughty barns!

A good relaxed day.

I understand that some BBKA's were advising members not to go as it wasn't a BBKA event, somewhat short sighted me thinks!

Some traders apparently are not going to Harper Adams.

The event seemed like a success to me. I presume the organisers were pleased with the turnout. I was impressed with the range of equipment on show - nice to be able to compare the different poly hives. I hope the traders found it worth their while.

If the event runs again next year, signage out on the road would be good, as would additional catering/tea/coffee. I also think a couple more lectures would add value to the day for very little additional cost.

Very Interesting large scale decc aping and extraction line exhibited by a french company Thomas?
That whole system was destined for a certain honey farmer in the South West and was packed up for delivery there at the end of the show.

That whole system was destined for a certain honey farmer in the South West and was packed up for delivery there at the end of the show.
I hope he got a good discount for shop soiled goods:spy:

Latest posts

Back